2011 DT Mickey Johnson COMMITTED TO LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Bayou Bengal11, Jan 28, 2011.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Thanks for pointing out something that's not being discussed, threadjacking the topic and confusing anyone who browses the thread?

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

you brought up height, and i was simply pointing out that sometimes, as what might be in mathieu's case, height is an arbitrary indicator. and that given the way the kid is playing so far, we will know in a couple of years.

you know, kinda like it might show to be an arbitrary indicator for johnson, too, and that he might have been worthy of more stars despite height. we will know in a couple of years on him too.

just because you get confused easily....

3. MLUTiger

Correct. I brought up height in reply to someone's question about rankings. No one was talking about performance or whether or not height has an effect on how well/poorly someone plays. It was about rankings only. You started discussing how is affects or doesn't affect performance.

YOU're confused as to who is confused.

4. OkieTigerTK

No, what I was discussing that using height as a standard in the ranking is somewhat arbitrary as the height often has nothing to do with performance. and that performance by the player is what should have more of a determining factor on ranking. That the performance by players such as mathieu might show us in a couple of years if height was just an arbitrary way of determining the ranking because hiis performance might have been a better indicator, in which his ranking was too low to begin with. Its tying performance to ranking more than using standards such as height. It is saying that things such as height might have more value than they should in rankings.

We were discussing johnsons ranking and I'm trying to discuss why it could be too low cause of the factor of height and why. Same for mathieu as an example for why height may not mean much in a kids ranking.

5. MLUTiger

Rankings are arbitrary, but hey I don't want that to get in the way of you thinking that you're making a point...

:rolleye33:

6. OkieTigerTK

Says the person who started this whole thing by arguing johnson isn't a five star because of his height.

:rolleye33:

7. MLUTiger

I mentioned height because its the only thing I could see that might give those who rank players a reason to pause. It's certainly not because he isn't big enough, strong enough, played inferior opponents or didn't play well. It's not because he didn't get offers from other top programs.

I noticed that you have yet to offer a logical explanation, yet you still feel the need to chime in and ... offer nothing of substance?

At the very least you should receive an infraction.

1 person likes this.
  8. OkieTigerTK

tell you what, i think maybe its up to the mods and admin who should receive infractions. and if you really think that, then maybe you should report my posts. although i wasnt aware that bringing up if 5 stars is reserved and to be given out based on factors such as height, then it is arbitrary and kids like mathieu and johnson are under-rate since their ranking should be more on performance, not arbitrary height standards was a violation of policy. since that is the nothing of substance point i am trying to get across.

and since you think i have nothing of substance to add, maybe you should just put me on ignore. no really, i dont mind. at all.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I just want to point out how utterly awesome the music in this video is. So much more fitting than the typical gangsta rap that we hear on these HS highlight videos. I think the song spells out just how doomed the poor OL who has to face MJ really is.

1 person likes this.
  10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Okie isn't a mod...

The fact that this went on as long as it did shows there IS no moderation here.

1 person likes this.