2011 Football season - game by game break down

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Jun 9, 2011.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I've thought we might see a "Frank Solich Part Duex" down in the Swamp in the next couple of years. A decent coach should be able to win an average of 10 games a year at UF.

Is that good enough for the Gator fan base, boosters, etc.? I think not and only have to go back to one Ron Zook as a decent—not perfect, but decent—example.

I can't see the Gator fan base being a fan of a ball control, clock control offensive scheme. And, I don't know if Weis can handle calling those type of games as well. UNLESS Boom just hands off the offense...

2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I don't really care what happens in Gatorland ! Just loving beating them down

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Speaking of the schedule ours may be changing because Bama is whining again about the off dates before teams play them. As of now LSU and Bama have the week off before we play.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Last year, I'd say we were bitching about it. Rightfully so considering how that scheduled played out with only two of the eight conference game opponents NOT having a week off before our game.

This year I've not heard one complaint considering only two of the eight have an off week.

Anyone has to admit that when Kramer and company put the schedule together back a decade ago they didn't focus on the last part of the scheduling. (I blame former AD Bockwrath for that oversight...blew me away when I first saw it.)

As a FWIW, Alabama faced 16 idle-rested opponents over a four-year period, more than three times as many as any other SEC team over the same period.

I'd bet you'd have something to say if you were in that position B.

Oh, as of this moment, I'm not aware of any movement or mention of a schedule adjustment for next season. They just completed the schedule for the next decade within this past year.

5. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I would just like to get the real SEC refs to show up in Bama!

It is unreal the breaks the poor ole little Bama boys:cry::cry::cry: get every game at home ! unreal

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I wouldn't enjoy it either.:D It was a tigerbait article that I don't have a subscription for but after reading some comments on the article it does seem to apply to future scheduling.

7. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

LSU wins by +10? Being pretty generous with those points. It's going to be a great game, and it can go either way, but +10 is a little much. I will say this much. I hope LSU is training for the speed of the Oregon's offense (Speed of the game as much as team speed.). Otherwise LSU's D will be sucking wind by the third quarter. It happened to many a team. If you didn't see it, many teams faked injuries to get substitutes in, and to get water/catch their breathes. A Cal coach was suspended for admitting to coaching his players to fake injuries against Oregon. ([ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEr6tHeuKnA&feature=related"]Link[/ame])

I know you want your team to do well; so do I. But let's just admit that it's going to be a hard fought game, and it'll be damn good to watch!

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I can't speak for everyone but I can speak for those I associate with and I haven't heard any complaints about our future scheduling. I believe I read we still have more opponents with off weeks before playing us, but it isn't three times as many as it was the last decade.

Personally, I don't pay a lot of attention to off weeks until a team hits that 5th or 6th game in a row. UT falls on our schedule that way often...and it's led to some pretty close games.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

What? About like that blatant PI that wasn't called in T-town in '05 that sealed the game for you guys... :rofl:

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, LSU never sees any speed in the SEC . . . :rolleye33::rolleye33::rolleye33:

DuckFan, I realize that you know nothing at all about LSU, but we have posted some damn good defenses in the last 7 or 8 years, I've seen them beaten a time or two because they were outsmarted and I've seen them beaten a time or two because they were't strong enough up front. But I have never once seen a team beat LSU by pure speed. And I've never once seen them sucking air in the 3rd quarter . . . or the 4th for that matter.

I hope the fast, fast Oregon team is taking LSU as lightly as you.