2011 Football season - game by game break down

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Jun 9, 2011.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

A few thoughts...

I don't know how many points LSU scored on UT. I do recall LSU turning the ball over four times in that game. Tends to have a slight bearing on the final score, eh? I know Oregon ended up well on the plus side on takeaways...but, they also had the same number of give-away's last year as LSU. You guys didn't have that many more take-away's last season than LSU either.

I don't see how it is relevant to compare a game at the very beginning of the season to one that is played four months later much less a teams production. Heck, not to mention first year HC in Dooley.

OOC play vs in-conference play? You can't compare those two things, only contrast them. Literally as good an example of apples and oranges you'll ever see.

BTW...just looking over a few things from last year. 84 plays against Cal? How many plays per minutes was that to score 15 points? :yelwink2:

1 person likes this.
  2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

05 - that wasn't blatant !

Ole Miss and the 4 seconds was blatant

:wave::wave:

3. TigerCliff

Duck Fan - thanks for coming by as often as you do ! love it

Les just doesn't drop games to OOC teams and there is a reason. LSU is power football with speed. That is the base to everything we do. The media loves to pump Les as the Mad hater :milesmic: but Les doesn't play that style of football. You guys will be the 1st team to see what Les wants and what we saw at the Cotton Bowl is what Les wants this team to look like. If you guys beat us on the line you will win the game - if not LSU has it. We will shut down you base O with pressure on your QB.

We will push the center of the field with a power run game until you show your hand on what you will do to stop it and with play action and edge passing break you guys down. LSU is 2 to 4 deep and loaded. I hope it is a great game but I don't want a 3 point game late. I am ready for some 17 point leads with 2 min to go.

My take , you guys push us up front you win !

:thumb:

4. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

LSU score 16, Oregon 48. 32 points is a BIG difference in or out of conference. Oregon played at UT, LSU played them at home. The TO margin was even (Oregon 1 fumble, UT 1 INT).

You can't blame LSU's turnovers for not scoring points. Hold on to the ball!

There were 4 months between the Oregon -UT game, and the LSU- UT game?? By my calendar it was 3 weeks. Also, mentioning their 1st year head coach is irrelevant. We both played the same team!

As far as the Cal game, I think Oregon came in cocky, but then again, Cal had a great game plan. Oregon had a starting receiver out, and LMJ was dinged up with Barner out with the concussion. Oregon also scaled way back on Thomas' runs from the read option. We didn't have a solid back-up with our 5th year senior Nate Costa out for the season. Kelly was protecting him, as we were on the run for the NC. Oregon was lucky to come out with that victory.

Vegas line: Oregon favored by 3.

5. TigerCliff

Vegas line: Oregon favored by 3

not buying the Ducks being favored ! - give me a link and maybe

I am not finding any site with any 2011 college football vegas lines

All the talk about last year is just that - last year.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

It is not a vegas line but an individual making predictions on the opening lines from what I recall.

7. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

It's through the Golden Nugget. It wasn't an online link. It was on the The Fan...local sports radio where I heard it. If you don't believe me, they're posting it on TigerDroppings.com as well, from LSU fans.

Link

8. TigerCliff

I dont find any lines in Vegas

these lines are complete junk !

this is a link to TD not a source but if it makes you feel good - cool !

I expect LSU to open a 2 1/2 pt favorite

but it is all about the end of the game !

9. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

That's fine. believe what you want. It's not like I pulled them from the air. Just because you can't find an online source, doesn't mean they don't exist.
    Btw, I didn't say it was a link to the source, only to show that I'm not the only one posting it. It's been out since Friday.

Is this link better?

10. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

Yes it is!

link