2011 FS T.K. Fleming

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, May 11, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I know many do not want to hear this but LSU is still actively recruiting this kid and he has pretty much been to every LSU home game this year. I will have to trust Miles on this one but he is a hell of an athlete.

Look for LSU to stay on him and accept a commitment near NSD if we have room.

2. Fighting Tigers

Fighting Tigers Founding Member

Damn, this kid must be a beast for us to be still recruiting him. He's actually one of the recruits i'm most interested to see next year as far as having an immediate impact. I'm with you Bhelm, Les has done a excellent job at running a clean program, so if he trusts this kid than I'm ok with it.

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Seems out of character for Miles. But gotta trust the hat.

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Shades of Troy Giddens...

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I gotta say that I'm unhappy about the continued recruitment of a guy who has been arrested for contributing to a minor, battery, DUI and theft this year alone. Not only that, but he didn't even finish the season on the football team. This doesn't really sound like a Tiger.

6. Jester

Jester Founding Member

Wow, as good as this kid may be.......I would prefer not to have him on the team. I have to argue with people all the time who try to claim that Les isn't running a tight ship and isn't keeping players out of trouble. They cite Perriloux and a few other instances, but I've been proud of the job Les has done with keeping the trash off of our team. Since Miles became head coach, I think our players have done a pretty damn good job of representing LSU well and not doing things that are detrimental to the reputation of the school.

This guy just looks like trouble waiting to happen, though. The type of person who gets arrested 4 times in a 6 months period for four different things, and AFTER he has received an offer to go to college for free, not to mention the possible chance to change his life forever.................is just not someone with the character or the sense to be on a Tiger team........well, at least not an LSU Tiger team.

Fawning over these kids and glossing over these major indiscretions is the whole reason they get worse in college and the pros. Its simply a validation that if you can play sports, we don't care what you do. As long as you perform well on the field, we'll juts ignore or forget about the rules and laws when it comes to you. So, get on out there and make us proud. ( For a perfect example, see my post in the Tiger's Den about Gene Chizik calling Cam Newton a "great kid", when he's guilty of "buying" a stolen laptop and throwing it out a window when the cops came to ask questions and now it has come out that he was to be expelled from FL for academic cheating. Yeah, he's just a bastion of morality and virtue, isn't he. Can't wait till he's a role model in the NFL so he can start beating and raping women, shooting people, getting DUIs, and doing and selling hard drugs )

7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I dont at all like going after this kid. Thats just too many transgressions. I dont care about his talent, we dont need him.

8. Sam1975

Sam1975 Veteran Member

Was reading that LSU is bringing him to visit this weekend,WHY ?
    Too many incidents of bad behaviour.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

They never stopped recruiting him. We will take him if wee have any spots open. Great athlete and the staff must feel good about him changing his ways.

I know the charges were reduced and he moved in with a family who are guiding him down a better path. The staff feels like he is worth the risk and that they can provide him the environment to continue to get his life back on track i guess.

10. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

We'll have to trust Les, and I trust Les on judging recruits. Sometimes you get a feel and you try to give a kid a chance, if he's trying. It would be a great story if this works out well. But, Les has had his problems with certain kids, Perrilloux, Troy Giddens, Zhamal Thomas. But I'd go with Les on this one.