2011 NFL Draft and Offseason

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by pjnchamps, Jan 9, 2011.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Jeff Maehl will be a great late rd catch for a team could New England snatching him up. Definitely want to see his test scores but his game film says alot

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

This doesn't fit the thread and isn't worthy of its own thread, but I had to post it. ESPN just quoted Scott Fujita (in his role as an NFL player rep to the NFLPA) as saying the players are vehemently against the proposed 18-game schedule. The funny thing is they identified Fujita as being the Saints' player rep. :rolleye33::dis:

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ok, so If Ridley is entering the draft and is there in round 5 the Saints need to take him.

4. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I don't believe we have a 4th, 5th, or 6th round pick this year. Our second 3rd round selection is too high and he probably won't be there when we select in the 7th round. Unless the Saints covet him and are willing to give up a future draft pick, Ridley will be taking his talents elsewhere.

I HOPE he gets drafted but stranger things have happened. If he falls through the cracks, I would think the Saints would offer him a contract very quickly.

If he can tackle, I would be willing to draft him as a DT, DE, LB, CB, or S. Lord knows the Saints can't tackle! :)

5. LaSalleAve

I agree, 3rd is too high. If NO has a 1st, 2nd, and 2 3rd rounders, they need to take 2 linebackers and a safety, unless they plan on addressing those areas in free agency.

6. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

I really like the Mason Foster kid from Washington had a stellar season and a great bowl game. Plays the run and pass excellent. Fast instinctive hard hitter.

7. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Its going to be interesting to see what holes the Saints fill in the Draft because its going to determine who they will have to go after in the draft...Lamar Woodley is going to be one of the Top OLB Free Agents and Haloti Ngata, Richard Seymour, Mathias K., and Tamba Hali are a few Defensive targets I could see the Saints going after

8. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

Mel Kiper has us taking Justin Houston - olb/de out of UGA. This is off his first mock draft and seems like a good pick. He fits with what we need.

9. LaSalleAve

McShay has the Saints going after a DT/DE from Cal.

Also has Patrick Peterson going to Buffalo. Sucks for PP7.

10. tigerleg24

tigerleg24 Founding Member

Mel Kiper has him going to Denver with the 2nd pick