2011 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I'm going to keep this thread in the Den for a couple of days b/c it is relevant and interesting.

I think the dip**** Panthers will pick Cam Newton first, which is fine with me b/c the Saints play them twice a year. I really agree with Colin Cowherd's rant this morning. He said that Cam is going to be a bust and that Patrick Peterson is a sure thing...both on special teams and on Defense.

Who's watching the draft tonight?

2. tigerleg24

tigerleg24 Founding Member

I have Dan Patrick on this morning and he is saying the same thing that Carolina should take Patrick Peterson. That he would be a good fit with there new coach Ron Rivera. I can't watch tonight my daughter has a softball game.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

If the Saints really want a quality DE, I think they will trade up a few spots. If they stay put, and Ingram is still there at 24, I think they will take him, barring some other "can't believe he is still there" DE falling, too.

Agree with comments about poor decision to draft sCam #1. We'll see how it goes down in a few hours.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Yeah, I am thinking that they ultimately end up with Daquan Bowers.....and they may even trade up to get him if he's still around.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Jamarcus Russell should give enough reason for any owner to stay the EFF away from Cam unless they intend to switch him to TE. The two are very similar in that they have all of the natural talent in the world but very little intelligence and an enormous sense of entitlement. Cam surely has a better work ethic, but his arrogance and ego essentially negate that.

PP7 is a sure thing. Wish the Saints had a high enough pick to take him.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I could certainly live with that:)

7. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Man I would not like PP to be drafted by Carolina. My two teams (Atlanta and NO) would both have to play him twice a year that would suck. On the other hand it would be an honor to have him selected first. I hope Carolina picks $cam though.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's not allowed. It would be like saying "My two teams (Yankees and Red Sox)". If you are a fan of one, you are duty bound to hate the other.

9. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Born in LA, mostly raised in GA. It is an unfortunate position to be in, as my heart is split in two. But alas ATL is my number 1. NO is number 2 and I pull for the saints when they are not duking it with the falcons. I somehow work it out.

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I didn't think PP should return punts/kicks last year because of increased risk of injury but glad they didn't listen to me. I also don't think he should return kicks/punts in the NFL because the risk of injury is even greater.

He's obviously a playmaker and needs the ball in his hands. Instead of returning kicks, I would make him the 4th WR on 3rd & long to get him a few opportunities to make plays on offense.