2011 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 28, 2011.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I'm pretty happy with the selection of Cam Newton by the Panthers if it happens that way. I just know that if I have to play Drew Brees, Matt Ryan and Josh Freeman twice a year, I'm grabbing Patrick Peterson exactly five seconds after the Commissioner announces the start of the draft.

That's not going to happen though. I'm going to enjoy watching Will Smith, Sedrick Ellis, Roman Harper, etc. **** Cam Newton up.
    UDFA

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The thing about Gregg Williams' defense is that everyone fits in his defense. That's just the kind of coach that he is and what makes him great.

3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

there is chatter of the Cowpeople doing just that: CBS Sports' Clark Judge predicts that the Browns at #6 will be a "hot spot" for trade action with teams trying to trade up for Peterson, with the Dallas Cowboys among the most interested
    All eyes on Patrick Peterson - CBSSports.com

also, there are reports the Patriots are trying to trade up to get Peterson: Boston Globe reporter Greg Bedard says he has "a league source" that told him the Patriots are in talks with the Browns about the #6 pick, which he claims they would use on Patrick Peterson, WR Julio Jones, or DE/OLB Robert Quinn.
    Patriots should go rushing after Quinn - The Boston Globe

4. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

no doubt, but we just get one 1st round pick. if there isn't a must-take offensive player available when we pick (for ex, one of those awesome OTs would fill a need), then i say just let GW pick the one he likes best... there are a lot of great defensive players on the table, GW must feel like a kid in a candystore

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

One of my friends has a midday show on ESPN radio in Dallas, and he suggested that the Cowboys were quite interested in PP.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I hope he gets drafted. UFDA isn't bad though.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

At times UDFA isn't bad, he has a chance to get drafted. The Pats want help on the O-line, Jets and Raiders are a couple teams showing interest.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I agree, the scam newton pick by the panthers is great for the Saints.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

This...........Lina has no QB's...........

10. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

I'm pretty excited about the draft starting tonight! Is curious to see who trades up and down....Should be very interesting!:popcorn: