2011 OG Greg Robinson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Dec 18, 2009.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Wish he made it as well and I hear he is going to visit Bama as well. He said this in an interview while attending the AU camp. I am still hearing positive info about LSU from sources and the coaches definitely feel he will be an LSU Tiger. I don't think he is a shoe in but I like our position and I think it will be harder for him to leave hom as NSD approaches. His best friend, 2012 LB Trey Grainer, is a big LSU lean from what I was told and will likely work in our favor as well.

2. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

I'm not too concerned about it right now. But I think AU is definitely giving him some things to think about. I think he ends up at LSU regardless if he have a good year. I personally think Robinson is doing this for security purposes and loves LSU. Hes a smart kid and I don't blame him. I hope he chooses us in the end.

3. bhelmLSU

Greg didn't make the official camp but he was here for the lineman camp over the weekend for one day. Also heard he just want to chill and get out of town for a change. Nothing big...:)

4. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

Article on Scout basically says AU leads right now.

Perhaps Reed will play a larger part in his recruitment than I really thought.

5. bhelmLSU

I am sure Reed is pulling but still hearing good things right now for LSU. :wink:

Not saying we will not have a fight but not too worried at this point.

6. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

What are you hearing?

7. bhelmLSU

I was asked not to go into details at this time. I can say that he and Mickey have talked about dominating at LSU after Mickey came back from the camp and Greg was in Auburn at the time. But he didn't say we were a lock or anything like that. The Rivals article also seemed much more favorable for LSU compared to the Auburn article which can be expected given who he was talking to on each site.

8. bhelmLSU

Robinson goes from obscurity to national recruit | DailyComet.com

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Robinson is listed as an OT. I am not sure what position LSU is recruiting him for but we are a bit thin at OG and it would not surprise me to see him playing in that position should he commit to LSU. It could also give him a better opportunity to see early playing time because of the lack of depth at that position. Of course another option would be to play Robinson at tackle and move Corey White to OG. Any thoughts?

10. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Well it's not uncommon for a player to start at guard early in their career and then move to tackle later on.