2011 QB Dak Prescott

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Nov 30, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Don't think anyone has a problem with it as long as the arrangements are made in advance instead of offering the greyshirt with very little time for the prospect to make other arrangements. Happened with Porter last year right before fall camp because of the new rule the SEC placed on the numbers.

2. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

One thing that sticks out on his video is he throws a pretty ball. His release doesn't look all that bad. We know he has size. Anyone know how strong his arm is?

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Man, I trust CLM knows what he is doing but Rivers has been committed for a while. Then we go full force after Mett and offer Prescott....with the possibility of asking Rivers to grey shirt?!?! I dont see it...Prescott should be offered the grey. I would bolt if I were Rivers. I pray we dont eff this up AGAIN for the next three years.

4. dudley

dudley oops!

I'll be surprised if he accepts a grayshirt. He's got too many offers.

5. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Everything I have read on him was that this kid has a monster arm, they said he can throw it from 20 yardline to 20 yardline, before this year he was struggling with accuracy, but this year that has changed, they say he is a very nfl type QB ....can make all the throws is getting better with accuracy and touch.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Prescott won't accept a greyshirt and we wouldn't ask because we would like to have him come in an enroll early along with Mett.

7. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

We need QB's.

If this kid will be an early enrollee, and Mett too, this gives us plenty of time for those 2 new guys to learn the offense.

They'll get spring practice, summer workouts and fall camp.

It will be a 4 QB "derby", if you will.

Miles offering Prescott tells me he has a sense of urgency regarding the QB position. He knows we're a legit QB away from being championship contenders.

Geaux get 'em coach!

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, I agree with your concerns. Obviously, want the best QBs LSU can get, but there is something about keeping your word, esp. to a quality kid like SRivers, who committed early and has not wavered. Hopefully, we get all 3: Rivers, Mett, and Prescott, and everybody is happy.

9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Also, I do not get even asking a QB to take a greyshirt. QB is top priority right now, and 3 is not too many given our current situation and attrition over the last few years (RP, Hatch, the Miss. kid, etc). Ask a frickin' CB, or someone low on our overall list of acceptances, rather than a QB with a great pedigree, IMHO.

10. dudley

dudley oops!

You're right. Doesn't make sense does it? That's why I think the grayshirt crap is just a rumor that doesn't have legs. I think we get all three, all on full scholarships. JMO