2011 QB Justin Worley

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, May 10, 2010.

1. tigerfan1974

tigerfan1974 Veteran Member

Thanks for the info, Bhelm

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Worley is down to LSU, ND, and Tenn.

Based on what I have heard about Worley at our camp I would be a little surprised if we would take him with Ely still on the board but on the other hand are we in a position where we can turn down a guy like Worley and the staff looks at the camp as just an off weekend for him?

My prediction is Tenn but if he picks ND that could help us with Ely who is waiting to see if ND offers before he makes a decision at the end of the month. Worley plans to announce sometime before the end of the summer so this could prevent ND from offering Ely in time. The longer ND waits the better it is for LSU with Ely IMO.

My prediction on Tenn is not a strong one though because I do feel he has a better opportunity for playing time at LSU and ND. Tenn has 2 freshman QBs who just came in.

3. bhelmLSU

Well Worley committed to Tenn.

Now we have to wait and see if ND offers Ely or if they decide to not take a QB this class because they have 2 QBs that are heavy leans to ND for the 2012 class.

4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Bummer. But expected. We might need to see some good QB play on the field before really talented QBs want to keep signing up. Since we have two in the wings now, it might get harder for us. Maybe next yr will land a big arm.

5. bhelmLSU

I am actually relieved LSU did not have to make a decision to take his commitment or not. I really do not like him as a QB and he has disappointed in HS so far. Stock dropping and he needs a great year next year to relieve some doubt that many UT fans have right now. LSU didn't push for a commitment after his performance at our camp and the in-state guys out performed him too.

6. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

Do you think Ely is for sure gone if ND offers?

7. bhelmLSU

Not sure but for some reason I am leaning that way. I think the longer ND holds out the better for LSU. Seems like Ely is ready to get it over with and will not wait too long.