2011 RB Terrance Magee COMMITTED TO LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 10, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Plays QB at Franklinton and being recruited and offered by LSU as a RB given his height at 5'10. He knows that is where he belongs on the next level but I am sure some teams will try to persuade him with a QB offer in the future.

5'10

He attended the mini Junior day this weekend and will likely commit to LSU very soon. Perfect compliment for Hill and Hilliard and a LA boy who wants to be a Tiger.

2. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Re: 2011 RB Terrance Magee

Wow, this is a little bit surprising based on the past 2 years of RB recruiting. We passed on Christine Michaels last year and passed on Storm this year. We are still recruiting Seastrunk for 2010. Now we are willing to offer 3 LA boys in a matter of days for 2011. I know Hilliard and Hill are widely recognized, but I expected us to take our time with the third offer to a RB. We may finish with our 2011 RB class before the 2010 one is done.:hihi:

3. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I am getting the feeling LSU is moving beyond Lache and that MIGHT be a good thing.

4. bhelmLSU

Magee was actually offered over a month ago only a few weeks after Hill and Hilliard were offered.

5. tboy

tboy Founding Member

What is your blunt opinion of him and how he compares to other recruits, past players etc.. There was a QB in one of the championship games in the Superdome that was running well and caught my eye, but I can't remember if his team was in the finals.

6. tboy

tboy Founding Member

At this point I would rather have Spencer Ware than Lache. The speed backs always cause the biggest buzz, but they aren't usually as productive. Unless we start running a spread or the wildcat I don't think that will change. Our OL isn't exactly opening huge holes for little guys to run through either.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I dont think we are moving away, but we do see the writing on the wall. However, Ware showed that he is a beast and has the vision to play as a true freshman. He definitely has the body.

8. bhelmLSU

That was him in the Dome and he reminds me of Shyron Carey (Sp?) who was about the same size playing QB at Shaw. But that is based on the limited film I have seen. He looks to have great vision which comes from his experience as a QB and he hits the hole very fast. He will pop you too and fight his way for extra yardage. Definitely has the speed to cut it to the outside and he does so without losing his momentum.

9. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I was impressed with his scrambling ability. He looked lightening quick compared to the defense. He looks a little taller than Carey and maybe a little less powerful, but he is very fast and elusive.

10. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Right now to me he looks like a situation type guy I am sure he has enough moves to make an impact somewhere, I would rather another top OL if any are left. I might end up eating those words.

I agree with you on Ware, he looks solid, I would say he is considerable faster than his reported time.

Ridley (Jr.)
    Ford (RSF)
    Shepard* (So.)
    Ware (2010)
    Blue (2010)
    Gore (2010)
    Hillard (2011)
    Hill (2011)
    Magee(2011)?

FB
    Allen
    Worle (2010)

Others:
    Murphy (Sr.) injured
    Calhourn (RSF)

To me looks like Murphy is on the outside looking in, Lache to me is just not worth it at this point. I would consider him a bonus, don't see him as an every down back. Any chance of Calhoun being moved from RB?