2011 RB Terrance Magee COMMITTED TO LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 10, 2010.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Re: 2011 RB Terrance Magee

definitely not an every down guy to me, he has alot of speed, so I would consider him a wild card for returning kicks and punts and taking screen passes the distance. But you are right, at this point its a bonus.
    I really hope Ford and Ware are the guys next year. I think Blue moves to LB because of his size and speed. Gore will probably do well in our system, hopefully. Im not sold on Ridley or Murphy at this point.

2. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

i have always thought seastrunk was overrated...i dont particularly like any of the backs in this class i think passing on storm and taking ware was crazy...truthfully im not wild about this class if we get a few good players out of this class id be happy....after the 2009 class i expected a down year recruiting 2011 should bring us another number 1 class and if we can get the coaching back to were it should be we will be fine..

3. dudley

dudley oops!

I think Auburn got the best running back in the country in Dyer. LSU may have gotten the second best in Ware. You're right IMO about Seastrunk. He is fast for sure but he always runs right (even when he runs left, he cuts back right), and carries the ball like a loaf of bread. Not big enough to run inside and he won't be able to make a living just on the outside in college.

4. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I think everyone would rather have a top OL even maybe the coaches, but we just can't seem to attract them. We don't grow many in state and it makes it hard to nab that many.
    I'm going to disagree with you on Ware's 40 time being faster than his reported time. I saw video of him running a 40 and his first 25 to 30 yards are fine, but then he just fades or at least doesn't continue to pick up speed. I think 95% of the time this won't come into play during a game since he isn't a straight line runner and he plays fast in pads because he has powerful legs. I didn't mind that Dalton Hilliard wasn't fast, but he was shifty and had strong leg drive.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The reason it has been hard for LSU to attract OL the last few years is because LA just hasn't been producing great talent in that area numbers wise but that changes next year with 3 very high rated OL.

Already got Collins and White and Greg Robinson will be on board too. I think there is a 4th that should get a good look from LSU but can't seem to remember his name. We are also heavily in the mix for a couple of Texas prospects as well.

6. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Right, this is one of the best years I can remember for OL talent in state. We have taken a Texas lineman almost every year for the last few years too and I'm betting that trend will continue. Big Herm, Ciron Black, Washington....

7. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Ware was pulling away pretty good the other day in the army bowl. I didn't record it but it looked like he was pulling away from all of them... they ended up getting him on the angle.

BTW here is Ware and Lache doing some stuff during Bowl week.
    AMP: Ware and Seastrunk put on a show - Rivals.com Video

8. Pringle

Pringle FUSC and FND

And he commits!!!!!!

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I see Magee committed to LSU (per Rivals)

LSU Tigers Football -- TigerBait.com

You got to get up early in the morning to beat BHelmLSU right pringle !! (lol)

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

:grin:

Next up Sylve, Lewis, Robinson, and Bechham Jr.