2011 WR Bradley Sylve

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Dec 22, 2009.

1. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

Bhelm, word is LSU was cooling down on him. Do you believe that at all? He seemed like ours to lose and I know hes coming off major ligament surgery. Could be questions there.

Do you think he still makes his planned visits to LSU? A guy that has such a bright future in track, can't see him at Alabama.

2. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

We have a better shot landing him than we did with Reed imo. Fobbs is pretty fast, maybe he'll have a future home in the slot. Shepard will be more than adequate for now and Landry I think we can count on to play from day 1.

I don't see us having more than one sub 6'0 receiver on the field ever.. I just don't see when he's gonna play. If we didn't have Landry I'd be pretty upset about it. 5'10 WRs are fun to watch and there are a ton of them. Jakhari Gore is another name who may end up in the slot one day.

I wonder if he was just saving himself a spot in case his ligament surgery slows him down.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I can't say for certain but LSU has offered a ton of WRs since the beginning and it picked up even more about a month or so ago so it could be a possibility. He is a gamble for sure since he hasn't stepped foot on the football field in a long time since his injury. Gonzales and Miles both like the big WRs too and rarely target guys his size. I heard he was very close to committing to LSU on his last visit so maybe we slow played him.

IMO he would be a nice guy to have on the team like I hope Gore is but he isn't close to be considered a must get in this class especially with all the attention we are showing WRs across the country.

He will be on campus at least 4 times this summer for track. I don't think he had anything scheduled for summer camps. I am sure he will take an official when the time comes. If we don't fill up, I assume we will have in home visits and visit practices as well.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I suspected this was the case but a little skewed. Good sell by Bama but he must know that LSU only had 4 scholarship WRs on the roster this spring. Maybe he didn't want to come in with Jarvis Landry who would have a similar role as he would. Shep in that role this year and maybe Gore following them.

Odell Beckham offered as a WR instead of CB now would really be nice because he is tearing up the camp scene right now and prefers WR. But I love him as CB but I can't always get my way.

5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

A little surprising, but definitely a major catch for the Tide. The 4th WR taken with Marvin Shinn leading the way. Bama already has a stable of big receivers in the red shirt cupboard, so he's got to be special. Definitely on the who's who list.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Sylve committing to Bama possibly because of Landry committing to LSU reminds me a lot of Kenny Bell committing to Bama because of Ruben Randle's commitment to LSU...so Bell could get early playing time.

So does Sylve know that Kenny Bell is languishing on the Bama depth chart?

7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

UUUGGGHHHHHhhhh!!!!!!!!!

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Hope not.

Seriously, Bell is just a red shirt baby, who I believe endured a bad case of shingles this season. I know Benton was affected by the Randle handle, but I thought Bell was marching to the sound of his own drummer.

As far as Sylve goes, Bama is really loaded at the position, so I can't see a fear of competition or lack of playing time bothering this guy.

Football recruiting being my 3rd favorite sport at Bama, I tend to start believing all this after early February. We'll see.

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

That kinda sucks, but oh well.