2011 WR Bradley Sylve

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

I hate to say it guys, but if Sabin has his hook in Sylve you can forget him. I was sick the day Alabama signed Sabin as coach mostly because I knew there would be times like this when he would grab Louisiana recruits. I'm kinda suprised that he hasn't done more of it so far. Miles may be a good recruiter but he is not as good as Sabin....Not losing a regular season game in two years don't hurt either.

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

If Saban is so much better, how is it he doesn't do "more of it"?:insane:

If scientists found the Holy Grail embedded in Miles ass, you would swear that Saban was only hiding it there.

1 person likes this.
  3. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

I hope you guys are right & Miles reinforces the Louisiana fences & it shows up on the field in wins. Replys & different opions are expected but the Holy Grail thing was kinda outa line.. It is Sunday you know.. I loved Saban when he was here & I just am envious of his success for the last two years. I would be tickled if he & Alabama would lose 5-6 games this year..

4. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I believe Miles is a superior recruiter to Saban, but as far as developing players it is hard to argue against giving the edge to Nick when all things are considered right now.

Hopefully, this is not the case five years from now when we are reflecting on the upcoming years of LSU and Alabama football.

5. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

I would say Saban and Miles are about equal in recruiting...if not Saban getting the slight edge.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Saban is a super great recruiter and Miles has done every bit as good if not better than Saban. Can't say much negative about the recruiting job Miles has done if you look all the classes.

Players are developed by assistant coaches much more than by head coaches unless you want to call Saban a DB coach which he is. However Saban has done little to develop any player at other positions. Miles has made significant changes to his staff to upgrade coaching. The changes on the defensive staff will pay dividends in player development without a doubt.

The two biggest duties of a head coach are recruiting and hiring coaches. Miles has been very good at both. There are definitely some things he can improve on but recruiting is probably not near the top of the list.

7. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

I think you hit the nail on this one. Miles is a hell of a recruiter. The OC and DC call the plays, while the assisstants like DL LB QB etc, develop the players.

Well said.

8. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

You would never know it by your posts.
    Oh no. Did I miss "grail day" at your church? Are you kidding me? And not that it makes a bit of difference but the commment was made on Saturday. But I am not retarded enough to be offended if Monty Python plays on a Sunday either. The analogy fits you perfectly. Either you are too ignorant to understand how well Miles has recruited or you don't care and will continue your manlove for saban. Either way, you deserve the sarcasm you got.
    Obviously.
    Doubt it. Then you wouldn't have much to say.

1 person likes this.
  9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Nope, these are 18 yrs. old kids, some more grounded than others. For most, biggest decision of their life. Sylve has mentioned "playing time" a little too much for any comfort level.

Frankly, looks like it's going to get discussed more from the angle of Saban vs Miles then the personal criteria he's probably much more concerned about.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

:hihi::thumb: