2011 WR Hakeem Flowers

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jul 22, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

3* WR out of SC who has a very impressive offer sheet. He plans to narrow it down to 10 schools soon and the only two teams he knows will be there are LSU and OU. He had plans to attend the July camp but I don't remember hearing if he ever showed up or not. Either way it is nice to see us in it for him.

Not the quickest WR but tall and very athletic. Also a track standout so he does have some top end speed.

6'3

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHfYt35AR5I[/media]

2. tboy

tboy Founding Member

He looks slow until you look at his speed compared to everyone else. They aren't catching him and he just sought of glides. You are right, he doesn't look quick and you wonder if he could get open in man-to-man coverage.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Reminds me of JoJo. Sidenote: his HS coach do love the trick plays, don't he?

4. bhelmLSU

He was at camp this week

5. bhelmLSU

LSU in the top 5 along with GT, UCLA, Oregon, and Michigan.

6. bhelmLSU

LSU can actually have him if we want him. We are still evaluating him and he is waiting patiently.

7. Jester

Jester Founding Member

I like him. He looks the ball in on most, if not all, catches. He catches with his hands and doesn't try to use his body. He's quick in the transition from completing the catch to getting the ball tucked and looking for space. He looks great coming across the middle and making a play with his feet.

Sure, he may not have elite quickness, but a year or two on our conditioning program along with coaching can help with that and make up for any lack thereof. He does sorta glide, and thats oftentimes the sign of a great athlete, when it looks effortless. He's very smooth, I would even venture to say "fluid"

I think he looks great. Take him.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Any word on this guy? With four spots left in this class, it would be nice to close out with a big receiver.

9. bhelmLSU

Crowton went to see him a couple of months ago and the staff decided to pass on offering him.