2011's fast start

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, Dec 20, 2009.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Anybody care to speculate on reasons for 2011's incredibly fast start?

I've never seen ANY school shoot out the gate this fast for a recruiting class. Clearly, our coaching staff understands how important Louisiana's 2011 class is to LSU's future. Hopefully we can get all of those guys, along with a few out-of-state blue chippers.

2. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

I'm thinking it's that we'll have limited scholarships. Maybe getting all of these blue-chip recruits early on will convince Rasco to come be part of something special. It's gonna be special.

3. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

Probably selling this is the biggest year in Louisiana ever...why not be apart of something special, be a Louisiana boy and bring another NC to the trophy room? All the while, being apart of something special...

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Ya, but how many other schools do you follow recruiting for? I don't follow recruiting for any school but LSU. It wouldn't surprise me if schools like Texas and a good bit of others see great starts like this every few years. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if LSU has had a faster start then this back before the early 2000's and rivals.com and scout.com. I remember following LSU recruiting on the radio under Dinardo, and LSU recruiting was sick back then. I'm sure it wasn't the first time that happened, even back then. After all, this is LSU. :LSU231:

5. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Another selling point.. which we haven't had in a while.. is the chance to make an immediate impact.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Well, I can't speak to the pre-Rivals ages, but I know the past few years Texas has typically started off the fastest. And it comes in a flurry, but not until after NSD for the current class...

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

We don't lose a lot of Sr's next year... how so?

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Either way, this has been a very good Christmas for LSU fans. :geauxtige

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I think it's because the coaches have been working these kids for a long time at the camps. Also, I believe that Miles has used these last five years to make inroads with the high school coaches and as a result the LSU staff has been able to identify top prospects from Louisiana a lot earlier than before.

I think, coming from Oklahoma State, Miles is familiar with what Texas does to ID prospects and recruit them early and has modeled LSU's program after that.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I talked to a former LSU assistant many months ago and he said Miles has had plans for this class for about 2 years. He wanted to get the ball rolling faster than ever given that is becoming the new trend in recruiting and the talent in LA this year.

Miles did his homework early and has sent out 42 offers up to this point.

Wilson's approach is also helping because I hear he gets these kids really excited and eager to commit.