2011's fast start

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, Dec 20, 2009.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I think a bunch of these La kids have been on everyone's radar for some time, requiring less evaluation time. None of the kids committed are considered sleepers IMO. It's a banner year for La talent and Miles and co have been around long enough now to have had there eyes on them for some time. I don't understand how some see it as a bad thing. There will always be kids that change their mind no matter when you start filling your class out. The fact that such talented sought after recruits are willing to commit so early says good things about the coaching staff and is a big positive in my eyes. It gives the staff much more time to narrow the list of offers and concentrate on those hard to catch fish.

2. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

I think hes saying that the team doesn't have a lot of depth in some areas...and I'd have to agree. Particularly at QB, WR, OL and DL. I think Lee is going to transfer...so we'll have two QBs on ships...one will be a Junior. I doubt the Lee in this class makes it to our campus from Baseball alone...

OL has had a ton of attrition past few years and we're extremely thin at DT right now.

We have a lot of young talent on d-line but its going to be thin after next year and lets face it...they weren't particularly that great this year, so its a easy selling point for early PT. Same could be said for o-line.

WR will have Randle who is still relatively unproven, though I'm not worried about him and POSSIBLY TT. Terrance might leave early for the NFL and I hope not. Huge hole here if he does...only recruited two WRs in the past two classes. Selling point here is early PT again.

QB could potentially only have two guys on the roster next year with ships. RS move is likely permanent from QB. Again, another PT selling point. I was hoping LSU would get at least one more guy for this position THIS year. Both Lees are too uncertain. LSU HAS to get at least two QBs in next years class that are definite to come on campus. This should be our biggest need...we don't need another undeveloped QB like the RP situation. I understand coaches like Garrett but you never know what is going to happen from here to there...need depth behind him once JJ leaves.

You can argue LB is another depth issue with possibly all three leaving for the NFL. Rumor is KS is looking at his position in the draft now.

So, when you look at it in a big picture...LSU can use certain struggles to their advantage and promise early PT if they work hard.

1 person likes this.
  3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Or maybe these post-katrina kids have been watching LSU/Miles long enough to be impressed with the program and it's future. Even if several sad sack fans are not.

1 person likes this.
  4. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

We lose alot of guys this year though. We have unproven talent behind them.. and unproven talent is hard to be afraid of IMO.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I think you are right about the concern at those positions, because of the possibility of TT, KS, CJ, and a few others. Its definitely going to leave us thin at those positions along with our O-line which needs some serious work.

Overall I think the fact that Louisiana in 2011, will be by far the most talented class in about 8 years is the reason Miles has jump on it early and often to lock down the state. Yea Saban might get one or two, but for the most part Miles is going to get who he wants in 2011. !twocrystals!

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, having them commit now is one thing, getting them all the way to NSD in 14-15 months from now is another. Hopefully, attrition will be low - if so, this will be a special class, possibly best ever. Agree with some of Deuce's comments above, esp. about the QB position. Hopefully, Garrett becomes a solid QB for several years, but we need to bring in some competition there bigtime.

Edit: didn't mean to leave JJ off the QB list there. JLee and incoming ZLee are too uncertain to count on, imo. bottomline, need to bring in some QBs

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

The NCAA is milking the recruiting process for $$$. That's why they have National signing day as the only time scholarships contracts can be signed. Aside from recruiting services/websites and the NCAA, who else benefits from the building excitement and drama of NSD? The fans? I would rather have recruits signed sealed and delivered.

If I were the King of college football, I would proclaim national signing SEASON and NSD would be henceforth called "Last chance to sign with anyone day" !!

Seriously, If recruits would be able to sign letters of intent anytime during their senior year (with escape clauses for coaching changes, injuries, etc.) think how much money the schools would save by not having to spend it flying everywhere just to show love and guard their commitments.

Verbal commitments should be for juniors...letters of intent should be for seniors. And just think...no more stupid hat tricks.

What do you all think?

8. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I think this is going to be one of the best years for LA Talent and the coaches know they better secure them now and show them the attention they deserve before some other school does. Also miles knows he has a little heat on him as well and needs to improve his team performance because if he doesnt another player will win with his talent. Also would be nice to snatch up a five star or high four star from an another region to help increase our national appeal/exposure whatever one would want to call it

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

is there a list of the 2011 commits?

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I have the 1st page updated on the 2011 Football Offers thread.