2012-2013 LSU Men's Basketball General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Nov 26, 2012.

1. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

SEC looks like it's up for grabs. Florida looks like they are the best team in the SEC overall. Kentucky got trounced in South Bend. I think LSU has got a really good shot at making it to the tournament this year. I know it's early but we look like we have some stamina. Seyton Hall had their hands on their knees... Geaux Tigers..

2. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

If I was in BTR I would be there...................miss some good LSU BB!

3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Finally we see a FC press that works and gets TO's!

BayouBengal014 likes this.
  4. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

I think we must have played full court press the entire second half. Them boys must have been doing some serious wind sprints. It affected Seyton Hall's perimeter shooters tonight.

5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Hey, you may be right... But who said anything about making tournaments. I am just pumped about talking about hoops.

AND, heck, what did you think of last night's game!? Way to geaux Tigers. To not shoot well but rely on their defense and resolve was great and something they could build on. And as I mentioned FThrows... Luckily LSU hit them when it counted down the stretch. Hit your free throws and it could have been a bigger win. Nevertheless, let's take it one game at a time and enjoy 'em! I mentioned tests of adversity and last night was one of them and it seems like for once in a long while, LSU passed a test!

tirk likes this.
  6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Wow what a game! Sloppy at times, especially in the first half, but great defense in the second half. That's promising. I just looked at the box score, and it didn't feel like we won the TO battle 26-15, but we did. JOB is still JOB, and he was a monster on the boards last night. Very impressed with Coleman's ability to get to the basket and Morgan hitting some clutch shots late in the game. Tuba may be the slowest player I've ever seen on the court, but he takes up space and provided a few good minutes.

Overall, I thought it was a good win. We may not have a NCAA tourny team yet, but that was a step in the right direction. I agree with an earlier post, though, the SEC is not as good as it has been in the last few years. We may actually be able to win some of these conference games.

7. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I was there. It was awesome.

A few points....
    Coleman is basketball player in the purest since of the word. He does everything right. Great basketball I.Q.!!!

This teams starts off slow, but plays well late in games. (Clutch shooting last night)

I love the pressure defense!!!

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Our pressure definitely got to them in the 2nd half. It seemed like they had about 5 turnovers in a three minute stretch when the game was on the line.

9. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Amen! What I was excited about was the full court press! I don't think I can even remember the last time that LSU pressed full court for an extended period of time. And the pace I'd like to describe as "frenetic" as opposed to sloppy. Those 'doh' moments are coming to come with bad passes and turnovers but we have to remember that the press over a game and a period of time is warfare. It wears down the team and can force a team into mistakes eventually like last night. You could see the frustration in Seton Hall late in the second.

Also, let's not discount this win as a good measuring stick. Seton Hall's line up was big and they had good experience. I'd say they were comparable to a mid-tier SEC team. LSU could have just as easily lost, but the fact that they didn't play well in the first half and still won is encouraging. We may be looking at this win against a big East team late in the season in the 'resume' review context.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

When we were down 15 I told my buddy we needed to break out a press. A few seconds later Stringer or Hickey hit a shot and JJ called a timeout. They pressed pretty consistently for the last 16 minutes of the game. It got Seton Hall rushing the ball downcourt. They threw it away in the post three consecutive times trying to beat the press. Awesome game, and funt to attend. I wish the crowd had been better, but those there were pretty loud in the last 3 minutes or so.