2012-2013 LSU Men's Basketball General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Nov 26, 2012.

1. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Yeah. And it seemed that the press was totally coaching on the fly as they had not practiced it...

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2012/11/rally_cats_lsu_surges_back_fro.html#incart_river

Considering that it's a real testament to CJJ and the coaching staff to make adjustments and trust their instincts. Cool high right now... Only problem now is that the Tigers don't play until Dec 11th.

You're right about the crowd. Seemed like other than a relatively lively student section the upper deck was largely empty. Saw that Daddy Dale was there though!

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Yeah. He usually is. His seats are two rows in front of mine.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

glad they won. sucked to watch.

painful. shooters cant shoot. except for morgan maybe.

cant guard post or perimeter.

just wait til the full press gimmick doesnt work against teams with decent guard play.

they better pick it up and soon!

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

im surprised but relieved that they hadnt practiced it. i dont want to watch that 40min of hell crap for years.

wonder why eddie didnt play. at least he can hit a shot and pass. i supposed he'd be a defensive liability but with SH's height advantage i thought he'd be there. might have stopped mobley from hitting so many.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

man, I am reading this thread, its upbeat, people are stoked about the Tigers play in the second half, I get through 23 responses, then this one, and you managed to suck the life out of it. I don't think that all comments need to be flowery, criticism is fine, but you sure live up to your moniker. No doubt you have good insight and content to offer, but I wasn't expecting the optimistic pessimism at that moment. Oh well, to each his own, I suppose.

Contained Chaos likes this.
  6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

To borrow a phrase from the Hornets....I'm in !!!!!

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Just like football...there are a few who live to "hate".

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Some just don't get it. He thinks he's being objective again. Just ignore the stinkhole.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

I'm beginning to think you've got a thing for me.

Yes I am being objective. It's fair to point out that such crappy shooting is not a good sign and that combined with full court press is shit bball.

Are you really that fragile that anything but sunshine ruins your day?

10. BP

BP Founding Member

It's not fair if the negtive is the only thing you bring up.

How about something like (and I know little about basketball and only know what I've read about this particualr game)...

LSU has a young squad with a first year coach. It's going to be difficult year. Here are a few things I've taken from this game.

1. The team (at least in this ame) payed hard an ggressive. If they keep up tht kind of hustle, as they get more experience, it might give them an additional win or two.

2. LSU is playing an up tempo game that is a lot more fun to wach, regardless of the outcome, than we've had the past few years.

3. It looks like Jones is a good recruiter, which means better times should be ahead.

4. Jones showed pretty good savvy as a coach, switiching tactics and going to the press.

5. It speaks well for the team that they were able to play the press so well, especially with little or no practice on it.

But, this game also shows some serious weaknesses that will make it, I'm afraid, a long season if it continues.

1. Painful. shooters cant shoot. except for morgan maybe.

2. Can't guard post or perimeter.

3. Once teams know that LSU will press, it will not be as effective and especially won't work against teams with decent guard play.

Now, was that so hard?

tigermark and Winston1 like this.