Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

2012-2013 LSU Men's Basketball General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Nov 26, 2012.

1. BP

BP Founding Member

It's not fair if the negtive is the only thing you bring up.

How about something like (and I know little about basketball and only know what I've read about this particualr game)...

LSU has a young squad with a first year coach. It's going to be difficult year. Here are a few things I've taken from this game.

1. The team (at least in this ame) payed hard an ggressive. If they keep up tht kind of hustle, as they get more experience, it might give them an additional win or two.

2. LSU is playing an up tempo game that is a lot more fun to wach, regardless of the outcome, than we've had the past few years.

3. It looks like Jones is a good recruiter, which means better times should be ahead.

4. Jones showed pretty good savvy as a coach, switiching tactics and going to the press.

5. It speaks well for the team that they were able to play the press so well, especially with little or no practice on it.

But, this game also shows some serious weaknesses that will make it, I'm afraid, a long season if it continues.

1. Painful. shooters cant shoot. except for morgan maybe.

2. Can't guard post or perimeter.

3. Once teams know that LSU will press, it will not be as effective and especially won't work against teams with decent guard play.

Now, was that so hard?

tigermark and Winston1 like this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Senior Member

Now that would be reasonable BP. Can't have that
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No I really only called you out once and you got your panties in a wad. The rest were others tired of your wet blanket insufferable outlook.
  4. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Veteran Member

Can't link it from my phone but Hickey just got suspended indefinitely....bigtime blow to this year!
  5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I know... just saw. http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=205821933

What is the deal with this kid!? I mean it's been several messages sent to him through CJJ. Must've been something pretty serious, but it also sounds like Coach Jones has the ability to re-instate? Some times we forget these kids are 18 19 years old. Regardless, talk about squandering your opportunity...
  6. gumborue

gumborue Painfully Pessimistic

I'm here to learn some things and argue points, I'm not so concerned about hurting tiger fans' feelings and I don't feel the need to write every thought about a game ----especially when others have already stated them. Do you really want to read 20 posts in a thread that all say cjj is a good recruiter and the team played hard?

For thoroughness, about your optimistic points I should have made, 1- don't generally give praise for doing what is expected, 2- I disagree, 3- that wasn't really obvious from this game. And ive said elsewhere he seems to be good recruiter, 4-not really. It was the only option. This doesn't make him a good coach, just not a crappy one. Should we praise him for not being crappy?, 5-yes, true, but I don't want to watch teams that need to press half the game to win.

I'm hoping that this is a stopgap until the team is better. I think I'm right and even posted that I take comfort in the fact that cjj said they didn't practice the press (even given how hard it is to believe).
  7. gumborue

gumborue Painfully Pessimistic

Weren't previous issues about academics? This sounds like weed. Any hope for La to legalize it soon?
  8. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Veteran Member

It may be the only way we can keep our teams together! :)

(from someone who lives in Co)

(and "NO" I am not on the stuff) :) Clean and sober!
  9. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Veteran Member

The tigers played good last nite. Now for the road trip. Face it guys this whole season is a stopgap till JJ can get some of his recruits on the floor. They are perfect so far this year. I know we are gonna get killed several times this year but when playing us at home I think everybody be ready. LSU is gonna be tough at home. That's gonna be enough for me this year. Give him time. Question - the kid from England that we recruited from a school in Texas, is he still coming in January?
  10. mctiger

mctiger Kenny HIlliard, Beast

TigerTap likes this.