2012 Football Offers

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Oct 12, 2010.

1. cywar1

cywar1 BIGG DOGG

Let me explain to you what I call an sec style QB, it IS NO different from a pac 10 qb, or big 12 qb, or big 10, what I mean is I dont think he has the tools to be succesfull at a high level, the schemes are very complicated, he has to have a strong arm to throw the out routes, and deep balls, but also has to be big bodied and can take some punishment.

you just described whats needed in all major conferences..do i think he could make it in a major conference? sure he could .. the kid has a very strong arm..if he's not SEC caliber why has NICK SABAN shown interest in this kid...at the qb position .. the conference has little or nothing at all to do with his ability to succeed..it depends on the system...

1 person likes this.
  2. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Here's what I see and why I came to the conclusion I did, when a good, not great, 1A team can shut him down 3 years in a row, not this year we did not play him, then I just think that it will be a much harder task at the collegient level. He is a very athletic qb, I WAS a little surprised to see him ranked as high as he was. Do not get me wrong, I hope the kid knocks it out of the park at the next level, I'm pulling for him to be great, I'm just not sure I see that in him. If he does prove me wrong.....I will be the first one in here to tell you that you called it!!

3. agsoldier

agsoldier Veteran Member

How is ville platte in the same district as opelousas? OHS was a 4A school when i graduated from there.

4. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Not opelousas ....westminster, we WERE in the same distict 2 years ago we are now in 1A

5. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

what year did you graduate from there ...I graduated from there in 1991?

6. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

PS....Ville Platte lost in the first round of the playoffs Friday night to Capitol....63-0.

7. RRM

RRM Veteran Member

best chances out of this group?

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Too early to tell with the QBs

Already have commits from Avery Johnson and Trey Granier

We are in the lead for OL Garcia, Alexander, Curtis Riser (Offer coming), and Humphries.

Good shot at Channing Ward but the rise of MSU could hurt us.

Landon Collins will be hard to take away from LSU but he will look at everyone. We will sweat this one out.

CB Terry Richardson I believe is a former teammate or friend of Barksdale.

9. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Linebackers, where are the linebackers? any good ones in the state & with that being kinda a weak area of 2011's class shouldn't LSU have more offers out for this position?

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

LA has not really produced much talent in that area lately.

LSU has offers out to most of the top guys around the country but really hard to pull them in with all the competition.

Next year we will have 1-2 good ones in state.