2012 Football Offers

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Oct 12, 2010.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Don's finished with his reveal of his top prospects for 2012. It includes:

1. Landon Collins, S/LB, Dutchtown
    3. Trey Granier, LB, Thibodaux
    10. Duvall Jackson, DL/LB, Westgate
    12. Juwann Rogers, LB, Amite
    13. Deon Jones, LB, Jesuit
    15. Lorenzo Phillips, LB, Patterson

Target-rich environment over the next 12 months, I'd say.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

This is just my opinion, but I think that's overstated. We have good LBs, people just don't know them yet. Nobody knew KShepp was gonna be so good a couple years ago either. Cutrera, Riley, Baker is still here and produces well. We have Minter coming up.
    -
    This year we signed Randle, and we've already (as of today) picked up 3 LB commits. FWIW, I think we take 5 LBs in 2012. And yeah, as far as 2012 goes, the in state LB crop is pretty rich. That's rare in LA, and although the entire LA class isn't as stacked as 2011, the LBs are good...and LSU is already getting commits from them.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Landon Collins is an All American safety, and to my knowledge, he's being recruited by LSU as such. He's probably the closest thing to a sure fire 5* in state next year. He's Patrick Peterson esque, but at safety.

4. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Dandy Don will move up the ones committed to LSU over time. He usually does. But then again, don't think the big services aren't affected by how many offers a kid gets from big time schools and who signs him.:grin:

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

JMO also, but I don't think it was overstated at all. LSU's LB corps have been average SEC at best for years. We've had a good one here and there but it hasn't been a team strength in many years. It's one area on D where LSU could make massive improvement and where a really good youngster could get early PT. Looks like the staff is making it a real priority for the 2012 class.

6. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

D J Humphries

D J Humphries 5 star OT from Charlotte NC. According to Scout he has high interest in LSU. What are our chances with him?

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

nola.com reporting that CB Dwayne Thomas from OP Walker committed today before the spring game. Three-star on scout, #20 CB in the nation. He's #10 on Dandy Don's in-state recruiting list.

8. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Posted this in another thread as well, but Dandy Don is reporting this morning that Avery Johnson is wavering on his commitment to LSU and is likely to sign with Fla. St. or Miami. :confused: Bhelm, what are you hearing on this? :LSU231:

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He is just reading the reports from ESPN and others but Avery has continually said different. He will take some looks and visits to other programs but LSU is still very much in the driver's seat and solid to LSU.

10. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Glad to hear that. :thumb: Thanks. :LSU231: