2012 MLB Denzel Devall

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 16, 2011.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

DE out of Bastrop LA who has been offered as a MLB at the mini Junior Day held this weekend. Has a top 3 of LSU, A&M, and Arkansas at this time and heavily favors the home team as of now.

One of those guys who never gives up on a play and has the speed to cover a lot of ground.

6'2

2. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

that big already and offered as a MLB? darn he's gunna be huge

3. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

The strop back on the map after a brief recruiting hiatus! We thought jevante Watson would have been higher on the list this year and he had a good year but not recruited like we thought. Denzel spends most of his time with his hand in the dirt, but when Bastrop switched to a 3-3-5 after their first loss, he moved to linebacker and really blossomed after excelling on the d-line. This is great news. LSU will get who they want from Bastrop and there should be more kids coming up. FYI of the talent in Bastrop...there are kids at 5 SEC schools right now. LSU of course. Auburn, Arky (starter), Ole Miss (might be starter next year-Randall Mackey), and miss. St although the Moo U kid stopped getting time and should be graduating now.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Hey Bhelm, hearing anything on Devall?

<rumblings going on in the background>

Personally, I'm thinking it ain't LSU...with who we've already got committed at LB.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I'm thinking after the DBenton/Randle mess we don't land many from 'the strop' for a while...

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

All signs point away from LSU and he was mentioning A&M and Bama almost every update. However, he seems to be taking a different approach lately and saying all of his top teams are still in it including LSU. He said he would take an official visit here.

Usually I would say the longer he holds out the better it is for the home team but I don't have a good vibe right now.

7. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

It's not that serious. Kids will still go. I mean two guys still came that year right? Plus, any animosity Bradshaw had is a non-factor now because he's gone. The new coach is an Evangel/Calvary Baptist product.

That said, I still don't think he chooses LSU. He's got visions of playing OLB in a 3-4. That's why Bama and A&M are high on his list. Right now at least.

8. purpleloungefly

purpleloungefly Baking & destroying

I saw Denzel play this past Saturday vs ouachita. He had a fumble recovery that he scooped up & returned. ( about a 20-25 yd run)

9. sportsforce

sportsforce Freshman

Hey guys, I just finished a highlight on Denzel and was wondering what his recruitment status is with the hometown university. He seems like a pretty versatile player and I'm sure he'll fit well in the the Tigers defense. check out his highlight and let me know what you think of him.

College Recruiting | Athletic Scholarships | SportsForce

10. Wildcard

Wildcard Veteran Member

Thanks but it needs indicators showing which recruit you're highlighting.