2012 OLB Ronnie Feist Committed to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Feb 5, 2011.

1. kirbysmith4life

kirbysmith4life Founding Member

No worries fellas. We are all on the same team.:tigereye:

And as always, drafted, scouting is never an exact science.

As stated before, rating high school athletes can be very bogus conisdering these factors...

1a. They have yet to set foot on a college campus, and we all know that some kids are just not ready for that social responsibility of not having the parents around. So off the field issues are always a possibility.

1b. They have to pass their classes...From the high school A student, to the one that barely slides by, this can often be unpredictable (once again, if they can't handle the collegiate freedom of not having parent tell you what to do)

3. You can't always judge who will be a hungry enough to compete when almost every D1 school has some type of depth at your position the day they arrive on campus (some can't handle the competition and then want to transfer) , and its hard to judge on film alone who has the inner drive to be a willing competitor while keeping a team first mind-state.

4. Growth Potential- Some of these kids can drastically build on their HS frames, and some of them have come closed to maxing out their bodies physical potential (No way anyone could have predicted that Patrick Peterson would grow to be 222 lbs......Thats just freakish!)

P.S.
    Humility time.

One kid I was drastically wrong on was Trent Richardson. When we were making a late push for him I wasn't to hyped about it. When watching his HS tape I could tell he was strong, but I saw no signs of the agility and the elusiveness that he shows at Alabama. I saw maybe one or two clips of him in high school where he flashed some decent elusiveness.

I was going around comparing him to Lamar Smith? And though the best he was was a low four star. Great leg drive, hard as hell to bring down, but I swore up and down this kid wasn't anything special and wasn't deserving of a 5* rating.

Le me just say, Richardson is a kid that I would love to have on our team.
    But any thing in the D1 football that does have purple and gold stripes is just Tiger Bait on a plate!:wave:

2. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

article about him published today:

Ronnie Feist doesn't look back - ESPN

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Excellent, we can use a play maker and a guy with a mean streak at LB!

4. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

You can't beat a good mean/nasty streak in a LB!!! I can not wait to see this kid in P&G:tigereye:

5. rachellsu01

rachellsu01 Im gone people, its been fun

Ronnie Feist

I couldnt find a thread on this kid...so I figured I would start one....

I was impressed with him last night and I figured we could talk about kids who are tigers and want to be tigers instead of that other guy....huh..forgot his name already...lol

6. ASD

ASD ASD

Landon who?

7. rachellsu01

:rofl::rofl::huh::huh:

8. ASD

ASD ASD

It means we have some bad mamma jammas coming in and Ronnie is one of them. No need to worry about a kid that plays a position that we can EASILY fill.

9. rachellsu01

Yes we do...:geaux: