2012 RB Jalen Richard

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 16, 2011.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Possibly the top RB in LA this class which is important because we may only take 1 RB next class and at the most 2 IMO. He made it in for the weekend along with the other top guys in the state.

Originally from Baton Rouge and now plays for Peabody in Alexandria.

5'8

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vp8YkoejJA]YouTube - jalen richard#30 junior highlights 2010[/ame]

2. Jester

Jester Founding Member

I'm from CenLa and my dad is a retired HS football coach ( over 30 years, in Cenla and around the country ) and he mentioned this guy to me a few months ago........said he's the type of guy that any team can build offensive production around. Said he often looks like a man among boys out there.

If Peabody is anything like it was when I went to Pineville back in the 90's, its lacking in the facilities, coaching, an somewhat in the competition dept...........which could mean that, while talented, that he's raw, but could make a huge jump in strength & technique once he arrives on campus.

Watching the video, he seems to have great balance, never stops driving his legs, and always seems to manage to stay on his feet even when defenders think he's on the way down. Finds daylight well running downhill......sets up blocks nicely. Only concerns I might have are generally the same ones you always have with agile, quick, shifty guys, i.e. ball control and too much reliance on East/West tiptoeing to make the big play which won't be as effective against Div 1 competition.

Looks good, tho.

Anyone know about grades? Character?

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I love his ability to stop, change direction and restart in the open field. Don't know how well that would work in the SEC though. But he looks like someone to keep an eye on.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I was at the game about 2:18 seconds into the video. He is very small, but very fast. Seemed like the kid had either 200 or 300 yards in that one game against Grant. Matter of fact it seems like over 2 minutes of that video was from that 1 game at Grant High School.

5. big dog

big dog Freshman

This guy says very small, do you even know his weight? The kids playing weight all season was 195 lbs. A true junior just turning 17 Oct. 15th, do some research on the size of some of the past backs at that age and future backs, then make an educated statement. Dude I can name a dictionary of backs that were not anywhere that weight to speed and power ratio at that age of competition. He's bigger than Michael Ford was at that age and grade, so how much bigger you think he will be 2011 senior season. Ford just hit 200 lbs and weighs 207 lbs now at LSU 2 years into the program. I bet he comes in at 205 lbs to start the season or better. Mark my word if you think there is a better everydown back in the state you are kidding yourself. KEEP A VERY CLOSE EYE ON HIM. PLUS THE KID HAS NEVER TAKIN A REGULAR CLASS IN ALL OF HIS SCHOOLING. HE'S AN HONOR STUDENT TAKING AP COLLEGE COURSES RIGHT NOW.

6. sm5o4

sm5o4 Founding Member

Geez, take it easy. I'm going to go out on a limb here... How exactly are you related to him?

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I'm guessing mom or dad. Hopefully he has thicker skin and a better disposition than his relatives. Take a deep breath and relax mom, no one is putting your son down.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

All the height and weights listed are what either Rivals or scout says they are until updated at combines, etc... Scout has his listed at 190.

9. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

Seen this kid play and i dont doubt his size. but, i also watched ford play his whole high school career and i promise you if JR is 195 he was not bigger than MF, who was 200 both his 11th and 12th grade years.

10. big dog

big dog Freshman

We know the info on Ford to be fact, when he attended LSU Camp they even told him that he had to get bigger.To say the least he is only 207 lbs now 2 full years into the weight training program. I don't think that's real big. If you are so sure pull up some old rosters or soph or junior highlights of Ford. Wait, Ford was out most of his junior year (shoulder). You said it best if he was 200 junior year and we know for fact he was 200 senior year, he didn't gain anything in 2 seasons my friend. Think about that. I love the kid my friend he is very talented, I think he and Ware are LSU's top 2 backs given the chance to show what they can do.