2012 RB Jalen Richard

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 16, 2011.

1. big dog

big dog Freshman

Thanks, those were last years track season weight.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Look Jalen Richard was really good against inferior Central Louisiana teams, I don't think I would buy a bunch of his stock just yet. I saw a few kids tear up Grant's defense this year, and over 2 minutes of that clip was against Grant. Don't compare him to Michael Ford, that isn't fair. What did he do against Ash?

To be honest there was a kid named William Cowen who played O Line who I thought was pretty good also. I'm not knocking Richard, I just wouldn't act like he is the next coming of Barry Sanders or anything.

3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Don't remember for sure, but I don't think he did too much against ASH or Leesville last season, the two best teams in Peabody's district. And yeah, I wouldn't get too excited about running wild over Grant either. :hihi: :LSU231:

4. LaSalleAve

I had to edit my post by the way because they didn't play Menard, I was thinking of the Menard Winnfield game.

5. LaSalleAve

That Grant game was out of control, there was some bad blood, and Peabody, just kept running up the score. They had Richard running the ball in the 4th quarter up 50 something points. Very classless move by Peabody, but I wouldn't expect anything less.

6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: That was a great playoff win for Menard over Winnfield at Menard last year. Menard is always scrappy. Been looking for Richard's stats against ASH & Leesville. Pain on the iPad though. :LSU231:

7. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Usually, teams like Grant are the only ones Peabody can beat in football. :dis: Half way decent teams usually smoke them (Peabody) pretty good. No comparison at all to their basketball program. :LSU231:

8. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

If that's the case I wouldn't by stock in any CENLA player because football here is by far the worst in the state. All other sports represent well, but for some reason this place can't get it's footing in football. This area may not produce championships but it can produce athletes. Ole Miss got a gem in that safety they got in the 2010 class. He started most of this season.

I think you can certainly compare him to Ford. Ford was gangbusters in high school. Hell he even put up 180 yards on West Monroe in what was a title game season for WM. I would be suprised to see Richard do that against a team of West Monroe's caliber, but you also have to consider that Richard is the only thing Peabody has on offense. Ford at the least had Stallworth, who was All-State at QB (or athlete) and could run and throw (not sure if he's still at Auburn but that's where he signed). Stallworth took tons of pressure off Ford, and vice versa. Richard doesn't have that. Ford ran against 9-man fronts where the defense didn't know if he or Stallworth were running and both scared them ****less. Richard ran against 9 man fronts when they knew he was getting the ball. So in the end, I think they are very comparable players.

If Richard has a perceived advantage anywhere, it's in the classroom. The kid has a 3.5+ GPA and a 22 ACT in the magnet program at Peabody. Peabody isn't the best academic school overall, but their magnet program is top-notch. They do an excellent job in the magnet program. He's also getting a lot camp work that Ford didn't get.

And Mr. W., ASH shut him down for the most part, but he broke records against Leesville. He had almost 300 yards and 7 TD's against them...and they still lost.

9. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Never could find the stats, but saw where the Leesville / Peabody score was like 51 - 48 so figured he must've done pretty well. ASH did beat them pretty good though, 35 - 6. And you're right Mr. L., he's definitely got a lot of talent, both on the field & in the classroom. :hihi: :LSU231:

10. LaSalleAve

He is talented, don't get me wrong. But lets wait until after this season is complete to see how he handles all the hype.