2012 RB Jalen Richard

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 16, 2011.

1. big dog

big dog Freshman

Good day tiger fans, the statement I made on Ford was correct. I said Ford was 200 lbs as a senior at leesville during and when season was over. Check it out for yourself, don't know how you misunderstood that. Ford indeed is a beast upper body, leg wise at his age back then don't think he was any stronger than Richard is leg wise now. The kid squats 500 lbs now, how much more leg strength do you need. They are slightly two types of backs, one thing I can say is everywhere Richard has been to compete they have not found a linebacker or corner that could stay with him. His hands are second to none including the best wideouts you can find I promise. That is a part of his make-up that puts him apart from some of your other gifted backs. Just too bad his coaching staff doesnt use this as much. Matter of fact last year at NUC-Zachary your top safety recruit Landon Collins was there and he couldnt cover him. Just saying he has a little something extra you don't get to see, plus his character on and off the field. You couldnt ask for a better kid point blank. I think Ford must have parted the red sea in Leesville. Also look at how many more carries he had more than Richard. Look at what Emmitt Smith worked with and then look at what Barry Sanders worked with. Guys dont get twisted I'm not putting anyone down we're all having good clean debates you agree. Doesnt matter where you go to school, if you are good they will come. The object of it all is to get the best education you can get in high school and move on to bigger and better things in college.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

hearing from a source close to his family that he is more interested in a school where he can play immediately, and BYU is being mentioned.

3. Jester

Jester Founding Member

*cough* ...............wow.

BYU?

I understand the appeal of playing as a freshman, but to me, the appeal of playing for

1. your home state institution
    2. a perennial BCS contender
    3. a school that spends the 3rd most in the nation on its football program
    4. a school that produces NFL talent at RB

would all outweigh any feeble desire I had to play immediately at a wannabe school. Besides, if you're good enough, you'll get touches as a true frosh at LSU..... Blue, Ware.

4. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Interesting. Something similar said in barbershop this morning except it was TCU that was mentioned, not BYU. One of the barbers claims he understands no school uses just one back anymore, but he wants to be the feature back in a 2-back offense, not one of the backs in a 4-5 back offense. In the end, the feeling is he won't go too far away, even if he leaves the state. BYU just seems so unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Probably a stupid question, but I'm assuming you don't have to be a mormon to go to BYU?

5. big dog

big dog Freshman

The BYU head coach called Richards coach while he was at the U.S. Army All-American National Combine. It was said that they are very high on him and want him "bad". I don't think Richard is too interested in BYU based on the location ( in the middle of nowhere). The kid loves and has dreamed of playing for LSU since he was a little one. The only concerns I see is the depth chart by the time he may attend LSU, it'll be at least 9 young running backs there. Anyone with good business since would be concerned of that situation. This is a 40 year life decision that these young men have to make. Let's be happy wherever they attend as they will be positive educated men as they grow. He has plenty of SEC and Big-12 and so on showing high interest like Stanford, UCLA, Univ. Oklahoma, Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, TCU, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Tulane, BYU, Harvard Univ, Princeton, Uconn, Dartmouth, Northwestern Illinois, Illinois, Tulsa, Arkansas, LA.Tech and so on. As you can see there are some of the top Academic Schools in the Country after him by product of his intelligence and character.

6. Tigah4evah

Tigah4evah Freshman

That is an amazing list!

7. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

@bigdog, even after seeing where this kid is ranked in state do you honestly still believe he is better than ford? If you say yes seek mental help. With the year JR had you would think even good ol' dandy don would at least rank him top 25, but no. Top 50, think again. Lets try Top 100, thats it right at 100. Where was Ford???? Number 4. Some will say rankings don't mean anything and sometimes they dont. But what they do show is what people think of your skills and how well you have impressed. The question is and will be cna he repeat his 1 good season and can he improve. But, better than Ford at this level/age, get real! You like the kid and his skills and are probably either at the school or an alum of the high school or family thats great. But, lets talk reality when we talk about recruits.

8. tigerfan1974

tigerfan1974 Veteran Member

Dandy will put him in his top ten when he commits to the tigers. A lot of smoke out there that he's on top of LSU's board for 2012. So he's got LSU's attention...

9. big dog

big dog Freshman

Dude Dandy Don, nobody cares what he thinks(old coot). I wouldn't say one season, the kid started as a freshman 7 games and soph 9 games, you can't hold that against him cause the retarded coaching staff only gave him the ball an average of 11 times a game. Rankings come on, you know they dont mean crap. That's for the press and readers. I promise you on everything I love you guys will be changing your minds. Give it a little time. Ford only had 2 good seasons soph and senior year why is he on such a big pedistol. We all know that some of these sites play favorites to area kids also. When did Ford make 1st team all-state RB, senior year. First season the Richard kid gets the ball 20 plus carries and look what happened. This kid could have had much larger numbers soph year if they had just given him the ball more. Everyone knows that Richards coaching staff is retarded, don't knock him because the staff is stupid. Anytime a back gets you to the 2 yd line 1st and goal and you have one of the better backs in state and you tried to throw the ball 3 times. You do the math STUPID!!!!!!!!!!! Remember rankings are that persons opinions only.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would agree about Peabody's coaching staff. Bunch of classless idiots if you ask me. Especially the asshat who was on Grant's staff a few years ago.

I'm pulling for Richard though.