2012 RB Jalen Richard

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 16, 2011.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: And not many probably care what YOU think either. :dis: You're obviously a Richard homer/family member/etc. A little biased, are you?

Dandy Don may not be perfect in everything he writes, but he's sincere and bleeds purple & gold. Can't think of many folks who are bigger LSU fans than DD is and you can tell he puts a lot of work, time & effort into his site. I don't know him personally, but I respect him for his contributions and read his site pretty much daily. Do YOU know him? Pretty doubtful. Since you probably don't, give him a break.

And as far as OPINIONS go, you obviously have a high one of Richard and think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. And you know what everybody says about opinions. Well, you're entitled to yours but not everyone is going to agree with you about Richard. And because folks don't agree with you that Richard is the second coming doesn't make them STUPID. Get a life man. :rolleye33: Let's see if Richard can prove himself this year before saying he's as good as Ford. I think the jury's still out, but we'll see.

The only thing I agree with you about is that Peabody sucks at football. :LSU231:

1 person likes this.
  2. marcanthony0

marcanthony0 Freshman

Ok I saw this and had to reply...I'm a Peabody grad and former LSU student.

Ok, The coaching staff is horrible, YES.
    Richard is all we have, YES.
    Is the team bad, only the defense.

They went 4-6 to a good schedule. I believe we played 7 playoff teams. The only game we lost by double digits was to our biggest rival Washington Marion 45-27 in Lake Charles.

Lost at Carroll 38-36 (#3 in 3A at the time, finished 10-3)
    Beat Crowley 48-42 (#6 in 3A at the time, Borque and Richard put on a show, and Richard got the best of it, they'll play at Crowley in 2011, finished 7-5)
    Lost at Ferriday 37-35 (Ferriday game winning drive, finished 7-4)
    Lost at Leesville 51-48 (Richard had I believe 289 and scored 46 of the 48 points, finished 9-3)
    Lost to Deridder 17-13 (#10 in 4A at the time, our best defensive game of the year, but Deridder played extremely well on red zone defense, we have no kicker, finished 6-5)
    Lost to ASH 35-6 (ASH played well defensively, our QB entered the game with injured ankle (Dumb Coaching) He played and the injury was exploited. He couldn't even get from under center most of the night, was sacked about 6 or 7 times and Richard had the flu, finished 6-5)
    Beat Grant 63-0 (Injured QB, Richard started at QB in a spread a la Cam Newton this year. We had no other option at QB, so we ran him pretty much up the gut all night from the QB position, Grant was just so bad, he found the end zone alot, I think may have thrown 3 passes all game.)

All of that was back to back to back from week 3 to week 9 in that order and all of them made the playoffs except Grant. We finished 4-6, and 5-5 would have gotten us in the playoffs. This team was 2-8 in 2009, 4-6 last year, shows improvement, if there were better coaches, they may have gone the 8-2, 7-3 that they should have, nothing was bad last year but the defense. Again, its old but if Dotson would have let Sullen alone and let him do what he wanted, this team could be a contender in 2011, but that's woulda coulda shoulda. Richard ran on any and everybody in front of him last year, his season low was 89 against ASH, I don't know if its just me but 89 yards is still a good game for a running back, all others he had over 200 yds. And he would have had more yards but the coaching staff dropped his number of carries from about 40 to about 20 starting at the Leesville game, but everybody knows what this team is gonna do, its been no secret since Payne stepped in the door in April 2008, the alumni are just waiting for he and the principal pretty much to get the heck out so it can all be fixed some kind of way.

1 person likes this.
  3. big dog

big dog Freshman

I agree my friend, but Richard finished with 95 yards rushing that night againgst ASH who just put 10 in the box and blitzed the night away. Richard broke fever coming off the flu and loss 6 pounds. He also only averaged 26 carries a game and had only two games in which he carried 39-40 all season. We saw the kid working out at snap fittness and let me tell ya you've got to see him in person. He's 197 lbs at the moment. Track season is here and he'll drop some of that, about 4or5lbs. I'm betting he comes in at 205 lbs for the start of next school year. He looks real good, thick and solid, but is still getting faster.

4. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That sucks. Who the hell am I going to watch in Cenla now? Damn!!

6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: LOL!! Buckeye & Menard in the Squirrel Bowl I guess. :LSU231:

7. LaSalleAve

Yeah I've seen more talent at Ward 10 in the midgets league. It really does suck that Central Louisiana is so lousy when it comes to football, I wonder why that is.

Kenny Mixon was good, went to high school with him, Craig Nall was good, Chris Brown, Boniol, Tony Taylor, can we consider Leesville Central Louisiana? Can I claim them please?

8. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

being in deridder I know leesville claims themselfs as cenla

9. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Also Nick Harris from ASH who went on to OU. Chad Lavalais from Marksville. :LSU231:

10. LaSalleAve

How could I forget Chad, but still, at least we can claim Leesville.