2012 S Landon Collins

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 16, 2011.

1. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

2. asignupe99

I think Janzen was a true loss. Much bigger loss than McKnight because I recall McKnight saying all along he was going out of state.

In the dome for state championships he was running around after the game yelling that he wasn't going to LSU. No loss there. Janzen could have been special and possibly stayed clean...but oh well. Eric Reid is going to take all the draft momentum he could have had.

The days of losing Ed Reeds and Reggie Waynes and Anthony Thomases and Warrick Dunns are over for the time being. We'll lose one here and there. But rarely any significants we really want.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

JJ was a problem from day one at Tenn. Best of luck to him. He would have been a problem at LSU. This was known from the get go.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

This. I can't believe anyone would consider him a 'huge loss' for LSU. Talented? Absolutely! But he was a cancer on that team, and would have been one at LSU as well. IMO, he is one of the biggest reasons for UT's lack of football success this season.

5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Given the depth and breadth of talent in the LSU secondary with the athletes we recruit and Coop coaches up I can't see how Janzen was a loss for LSU either.

6. ASD

ASD ASD

Huge loss my ass. Kid was nothing but trouble. Harsh words for some kids that just make a mistake or two but the shoe fits with JJ

7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Man, talk about context being very important here. :hihi:

1 person likes this.
  8. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

9. asignupe99

For all Janzen's talent on the field, he was a follower off the field. UT's current troubles are as much a product of the quality of kid they targeted than any one thing Janzen has done. If it wasn't Janzen, it would've been another kid in that same mess because that's the kind of kids they had at the time. Put Janzen here and he's around a different type of kid. He might still follow...but not to a robbery. And no way his drug problem festers under Les Miles. If it did, it wouldn't have taken until his junior year to send him packing.

I do believe he was a loss, because I don't believe he would've been that kind of problem here. Seriously, can you point to any kid on our team and say they would go out and rob someone in a frickin Prius?

10. asignupe99