2012 WLB Lorenzo Phillips

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Feb 25, 2011.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I'll be at the Houston game Thursday night.........BOT, best of luck anywhere he wants to go.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

One of his Patterson teammates is already a Houston commit. I don't have the inside info I used to have out of Patterson, so I'm speculating, but it could be that he's just taking the visit with his buddy.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Personally, I would have wanted to go to school out of state....somewhere in the mountains....as long as I was convinced I'd never make it to the NFL.

But, if the NFL was my realistic goal...LSU ALL THE WAY !!!

4. agsoldier

agsoldier Veteran Member

Yes especially since LSU has one of the best defensive coordinators in the country. If he wanted to go out of state he should go to bama.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Not surprised to hear Lorenzo is now talking up LSU once again. I saw him partying with LSU fans behind the game day set after the victory. Now saying LSU and Houston are at the top.

Houston has 3 friends of his on the team and I know the family has been talking about getting away for the college experience but to choose Houston would be weird either way.

6. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

Unless houston is paying him it makes no sense. Case Keenum is gone after this year, and so will be houston's team. They won't be anything relevant for a while, and yet we have a young team who has potiential for a good 3-4 national titles in the next 4 years. We'll have a better QB who can actually win us games instead of just manage. And our defense will be more experienced, and nastier than ever. But hey go ahead play in CUSA, for a team that'll amount to nothing, and have scouts say we'll he played in a weak conference so of course his stats are inflated.

7. Jester

Jester Founding Member

Yeah, you gotta think that everyone would have a huge facepalm moment if he does pull the trigger on Houston. Wow, your friends are going there? Well, you can go there and suck with them since Houston is losing their QB, and likely their coach, OR you can leave them behind, make better friends at LSU, and just visit your friends in the offseason when you're playing in the NFL.

Knowing what Chavis can do with Linebackers. Knowing what playing for LSU's defense does for your national coverage. Knowing that you could be playing for a NCG instead of the Beef O Brady Bowl. Knowing how our defense consistently sends players to the NFL where they make millions. Knowing what it would be like to play in Tiger Stadium................do I need to go on?

No way he doesn't become a Tiger if he thinks it through.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Not only is Keenum gone but Kevin Summlin is probably gone as well. Lots of chatter about him taking one of the vacant jobs a step up the ladder.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Summerlin's name will be thrown around for some of the openings at schools this year........:tigereye:

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Phillips suffered what looked to be a minor knee injury tonight. Last I heard, they were bringing him to the ER to get it checked out. He said it felt like a cramp in his knee, which I've never heard of. Patterson beat Brusly 42-28 and visits St. Charles next week.