2013 OLB Kendell Beckwith Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Bengal Buddy, Jan 4, 2013.

1. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

i'm sure i've followed recruiting at least as long as you and i've never been much worried with tam before because they were members of an inferior conference. i expected a little change with them coming into the sec but with the season they had, and the fact the manziel is just a freshman, they are having a monster recruiting season. i believe two 5* receivers and one 4* receiver for starters. i live in texas and, as expected, tam is all the talk, especially after beating the crap out of ou.
    your post is all about the past...i'm talking about the present.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Then its a good think LSU stands for Louisiana State University.

3. rockwallfan

yea, it's a good "think".
    no question, i love that we wrapped up louisiana recruits this year, but we also, like any major power, want to be able to go out of state and snag a few exceptional players to meet our needs. texas has been one of those states that has been pretty good to us.

4. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

I wouldnt give A&M to much credit just yet. i look for them to have a couple of good years until manziel blows town. I feel they will go backwards just like auburn after cam left look for them to battle with arkansas for 3rd and 4th place in the west..

5. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

It's more than just Manziel. Kevin Sumlin is building on an already impressive resume that started at the U. of Houston. The Houston area alone has the population of all of Louisiana. If he just gets the best kids from Houston alone he can maintain a very strong SEC caliber team.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. didit

didit Veteran Member

Manziel is good and I would most likely take him over what we have, but I don't look at his stats against the sooners and say that they'll be any more than what they were this year... we pretty much held him in check that game and got him to turn the ball over 2 or 3 times... he was way below his avg. rushing yards against us as well...

I just don't look at non-SEC defenses as a good barometer when it comes to offensive stats... Re: us against the sooners, us against the buckeyes, us against the ducks...

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

We'll see if he can sustain it. It's one thing to have a good year in the conference, but the rules change when you're expected to have another and another. He's had Horgelson or Kingsbury as his OC pretty much the entire time that he's been successful, so it will be interesting to see what he does without either of them.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Mine is about the present, like I said, 400 kids, LSU goes in and gets what they want. a&m has done well with the 35 verbals they have this year. I have a house in Tx and visit there all the time, I have a number of coaching friends in Pro, College and High School. LSU has and will continue to do well in Tx. UT has had the pic of players long before a&m, with the falloff of UT, a&m has done well. But like I said, too many (+400) kids in the state, LSU will get some when they are needed. This year, too much talent in La and a bunch of ooc players wanting to visit LSU. Also LSU has done a better job than most in the talent evaluation of a high school player, this should continue.

9. rockwallfan

not really worth arguing because we're having a good class. but it's pretty clear the tides (hate that word) turning for tam. like us, they aren't targeting just any of the 400 division I, II, and III players you talk about. only the ones at the top. thank the lord we have good home grown talent most years.

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, 35 verbals, must be someone good in that group. You do know the Mills kid from DeSoto wasn't even the best CB on his team. All the sites had Bryson Echols as the top CB on that team. Les and the Staff took the second best CB on the team, had him start 13 games, finish 4th on the team in tackles. Oh, the Echols kid, I think he red-shirted this year. I don't put too much into the star system, UT should do a better job of talent evaluation, at times they follow this a little too much.

LSU has one of the better classes coming in this year, having seen most of these kids in person or on film. I like the DL players coming in this class, many will play next year.

Still a little while till signing day, but I do like what Les and the staff are doing this year. The state of La looks to be loaded again next year.

geauxtigs, Herb and gyver like this.