2013 TE Logan Stokes Commits to LSU (JUCO)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, May 26, 2012.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

KyleK likes this.
  2. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

Although he may be a good pickup, hoping that one of these days we can get one who can block AND catch. Makes for a damn good weapon on offense.

3. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

I hope he becomes a great player for LSU but with all the high school tight ends we have on the board recruiting a JC player seems strange.. unless we were not getting any positive vibes from the high schoolers... You guys always say you trust the coaches so I guess I will also.. lol..

4. bhelmLSU

Not because of the HS players but because of the lack of development of guys like Dickson and others at the position. We need another big body after this year. As for pass catching TE's we are still looking good for Desean Smith and have targeted plenty others around the country. If Smith gets on board we are done. Have a lot of interest from some of the top catching TEs in the country in 2014

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Bhelm, what is the story with Dickson. Did he just level off or does he need a signing like this to be a 'kick in the rear' to motivate him get to the next level? When he signed a couple of years ago, we were all pretty stoked considering his HS recruiting ratings as well as the fact that his brother was a Tiger.

I was kind of hoping he'd step up to the plate this year but the implication of your statement above makes me think 'maybe not so much'.

6. bhelmLSU

Don't think it is a motivation issue. Just not an exceptional receiver or blocker. Just caught it the middle with his size and speed.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

What would Saban do in a case like this ?? :confused:

8. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Come to Louisiana & get Desean Smith! :(

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

A little bit of a head scratcher.

Looks like he will bulk up just a bit and be part of our jumbo power running game alignment.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You go for a junior college player when you need someone to step in and play right away. LSU is going to run the football a lot this year, especially on the goal line and two blocking tight ends will be seen often enough. Also, we have a quarterback to protect that is not extremely mobile and expects to stand in the pocket late. I suspect this guy can block the run and the pass. He may be used situationally, but he should not require a lot of workup to get him ready.

Cajun Sensation likes this.