2014 DB Laurence "Hootie" Jones (Decommitted from Alabama)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by mobius481, May 21, 2013.

1. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Maybe it was signing day that Adams is announcing. Dunno, I just understood that there was a conflict here.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

always a possibility, even without those 2 our DB class is stacked.

Herb and LSUDad like this.
  3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I believe he plans to announce at All star games as you said. No conflict unless he changes his mind on when to announce.

4. bhelmLSU

We haven't turned him away. We have had contact with his people before and after he decommitted. But the staff is comfortable with where they are at and don't need to rush into any decision and that is why I said yesterday I don't think you will see Hootie do any commitments until closer to when he enrolls. Remember he could even decide to not enroll early.

Personally, I think the staff is perfectly fine with or without Hootie. They can be pateitnt to see what Adams does and continue communicating with Hootie to see if we can work him into our class if he still wants in this class over the next month or so. No rush on our end is needed and I agree with this approach given the situation.

5. bhelmLSU

I have one question about this situation and the new earyl enrolle letter of intents that I am trying to get more accuarate information on.

When a prospect signs one of these the University has to honor his spot in the class but the prospect does not have to honor the agreement. In this case Hootie signed one with LSU and Bama.

So if Hootie wants in, can we stop him? Or did his commitment to Bama nullify the agreement? (I don't think the latter makes sense)

I also want confirmation that he signed one of these with LSU and Bama.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Interesting....very interesting. Are you saying Hootie has signed an early enrollment letter with Alabama? Can he revoke it or just not have to show up?

7. bhelmLSU

It has been reported he signed one with LSU and Bama. The universitys have to honor it if the prospect wants to enroll but the prospect doesn't have to enroll in either school.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

We cant stop him is the case.

9. rachellsu01

rachellsu01 Im gone people, its been fun

It has to be honored by the school and it also gives coaches contact to that recruit during the dead period if they signed that letter. The recruit does not have to honor it and some of these early enrollees have signed two or three of them

10. bhelmLSU

I believe dead period stay the same as last year. Just no face to face contact.

The benefit comes from unlimited contact and face to face contact during other periods.