2014 depth chart

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Feb 7, 2014.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

The fact that you and @mctiger take and or have the time to compile your own projected depth charts boggles my mind and also fires me up for next year! Well done guys......

Tiger in NC, cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Yeah, I'm more of an "I'll wait for someone on the board to post their depth chart and I'll take a look at it" kinda guy.

didit, Kal-El012, VampMuse and 2 others like this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

What can I say? I'm a trailblazer.

tigerchick46 and LSUDad like this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

MLB

Tiger in NC likes this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Agree that he also has the attributes to play the middle, but I'm thinking that's why we brought in Garrett. Plus, since KB's been playing end already, the transition to OLB is probably easier. What I believe is that the best 3 LBs on the team will be beckwith, garrett and Kwon, so the question becomes where to put all 3 while getting them on the field at once.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I would love to see Garrett at MLB, but after watching Welter all year, I find it hard to believe Garrett will get the start.

I know Welter improved throughout the year, but Welter extremely lacks on plays when he needs to stuff the hole. All to often we made contact 2-3 yards deep when it should be initiated at or behind the LOS...

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Any linebacker that stuffs a run at or behind the line on every play is hedging towards the run and is going to get burned by a pass over the middle. I know that Welter is unpopular because he is white and doesn't hit like a truck, but a MLB has to read the inside fake and be ready to drop into coverage or get to the outside and stop the sweep as well. The position forces them to be reactive.

Bigger, faster linebackers are always better, but they must also be smart linebackers in this league. The offenses are sophisticated and designed to get a man out of position. When Garret is smart and experienced enough to replace Welter, it will happen. But not instantly, I'm thinking.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

his color has nothing to do with his play. Craig Steltz would knocked you out and people respected his play at SS.
    Kid is overmatched most of the time on the field and it shows.

Richdog, GregLSU, didit and 3 others like this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

WTF does being white have to do with anything?

Anyway, your argument would work if Welter didn't get burnt almost every play he was in coverage.

Richdog likes this.
  10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Right. Clogging the hole means very little if you're continually getting trucked while doing so. But, hey, at least everybody is lined up right.:rolleyes: