2014 depth chart

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Feb 7, 2014.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

the best rookie defensive player in the league is white and just won that award at linebacker. Guess what sideline to sideline he is one of the best linebackers i have seen in my lifetime.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Don't overreact. I just heard a number of "slow white boy" remarks last season in my lily-white section in Tiger Stadium. Just wisecracks mostly, but the incessant Welterbashing pisses me off. The guy works hard and was a leading tackler last season.

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

FIFY

Contained Chaos likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It's not bashing by pointing out weaknesses in the team. MLB was a big weak spot.

Who's overreacting here?

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I was a little surprised that we didn't see Beckwith more at MLB but I have to assume the coaching staff feels he is needed more elsewhere or they didn't like his progression as a LB. By spring ball who knows who will emerge. Every year it seems someone comes out of spring that I didn't expect the year before so we'll see.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I think Beck could play LB in this 4-3 that Chief likes to run. In the long run, I rather him at DE. I also like him at DE when we go into the Mustang Package, this is a plus, big time.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Come on "amigo", you're still hedging your bets on his tackle totals.

You don't ever judge something based on what you see?

I'm a stat freak, I get what you're saying. But this is truly a case of the numbers really do not tell the entire story or any of the story for that matter.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Entirely the truth. Live with it.

His tackle totals tell NONE of the story? Get real. The numbers are true and Welter played hard. Nothing justifies the bashing that Welter got here last season. There were a number of athletes that underperformed, but Welter was held up to particularly nasty and unnecessary vilification. Once you actually said that he went out of his way to intentionally lose yardage. Seriously?

You are entitled to your entirely negative and one-sided opinion that refuses to recognize his contributions, but I think John Chavis is smarter than you. Welter started all year because he was the best we had. You trash him just because he wasn't Kevin Minter. Well, who is?

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well hat just isn't true. We started JJ over Mett. I can think of other situations as well.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Welter played hard and is a Tiger through and through, but there is little doubt that there needs to be a serious upgrade in talent at MLB. His tackle stats were greatly inflated due to less than average play at DT. I love the guy and I really wish him well, but LSU's D would benefit greatly from just average SEC caliber play at MLB.