2014 depth chart

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Feb 7, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Hey, I'd like a guy with more talent at every position on the field. I'm just not going to bash a guy for holding the job down until someone comes along that can take it away.

cajdav1 likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Shut up with the bashing bit. Anytime anyone points out a flaw in Welters play its not fucking bashing. Get over it. Welter is most likely one of the worst starting MLB's int the past decade. I am sorry this offends you.

Great, he knows how to call the plays. He is not an elite MLB and frankly, LSU should be able to place a quality MLB each and every year given our recruiting....

The criticisms the kid has received are 100% valid outside 1-10 comments. JJ recieved far fucking worse and no one took up for that kid.

You are acting like a little girl.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We'll see how everything shakes out in the spring and fall, I'm being Welter is much improved by the time the season starts. He is not near as weak as many think he is and needs to trust his instincts and his teammates in order to play better. I hope he improves as much as Minter did from his soph and junior seasons.

I think he will start at one of the lb spots along with Beck and Alexander but really we have about 4 other young & talented guys who will develope this off season too.

The past decade has taught us that lb's can improve tremendously from year to year as evidenced by the 3 Georgia boys we had that are now all plying their trade in the NFL. I recall many posters who thought Miles was stupid for signing guys UGA supposedly didn't want when those guys started their careers slowly but imo they ended up being the 3 best lb's we've had here since 2000.

Miles said that Beck will get most of his reps at lb in the spring so we know he'll get his shot.

Tiger in NC and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nope. I'll say whatever I want.

Pointing out a flaw in Welter's play is not bashing. Calling him the worst starting linebacker in the past decade IS. Especially when you do it incessantly. We all know how you feel. No need to go on and on and on about it . . . at Welter's expense.

Actually some did. But his bashing was over the top as well. And I was part of it. This isn't aimed entirely at you.

Typical. Does that make you feel all grown up?

5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Damn, must be pile on Red time this morning. What's in you people's coffee?

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Typical, does this make you feel all grown up?

No, I mentioned that I didn't think he should be the starter. YOU started this Welter mess. It is very much common knowledge we have better LB's than him and despite what you think, we do not bring it up every chance we get.

In the past 10 years, hes is our worst MLB unless you can think of a starter that was worse. I am unclear why this pains you. He still started for LSU. Something I could never do. You blow this WAY out of proportion.

Again, it isn't bashing. Just like it wouldn't be bashing to say Peyton Manning sucked complete ass in the supper bowl. It happens.

Nope, I'll say whatever I want.

Richdog likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That's what I was thinking, and why I wouldn't have a clue in projecting who, what, even where. These kids could end up playing positions on the opposite side of the ball from where they were recruited- a la Marcus Spears, one of my all time favorite Tigers.

8. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I didn't know Miles said that but it comes as good news nonetheless. I was hopeful, because of his stature, that he might turn out to be a long term answer at MLB, and maybe he still will, but others seem to think he'll land at OLB.....guess we'll get a better idea when spring practice starts.

Speaking of, does anyone know when spring practice starts?

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

March 7th with the Spring game on April 5th.

10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

thanks Dad, somehow I knew you would be the one with the answer! Gosh, that's pretty dang close!

LSUDad likes this.