2014 depth chart

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Feb 7, 2014.

1. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

Looking fwd to the big cat drill this spring!!!!!

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I guess Chief and Les didn't hear about that. Very common knowledge, indeed.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well you are certainly able to start posting how Welter is LSU's best LB. I would like to hear your analysis. However judging from your other post, all you look at are tackles.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  4. red55

Flew right by you . . . I said that Les and Chief haven't heard that there were better linebackers available last year.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I asked YOU the question. I could care less what Miles thinks. He started JJ in situations I believe JJ should not have started and pulled people (like Copeland) for his own reasons. Had zero to do with who was the "best".

Keep deflecting.

6. red55

Your opinion. I think Les and Chief are smarter football minds than you.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Brilliant. I wonder that the purpose of forums are.....

Anyway, you going to answer?

8. red55

Look, you've heard my reasoning a number of times and it just...ain't...sinking in. Not my problem. All we are doing is boring the citizens at this point.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

All you have said was tackles and calling plays? I am trying to understand your reasoning...

Secondly, why do you even respond to me if you refuse to discuss?

10. red55

Man, we have talked this to distraction and its the fucking off-season! How many times must I repeat myself? Jesus Christ! One last time and then I'm done with you.

1. Our very experienced and talented Defensive Coordinator has stated that Welter's ability to read defenses and make defensive calls is why here is there. It's their reputation on the line, not yours, and they are starting him. This is a very good important reason to start him. If Chief had a better middle linebacker he would be playing. I don't give a shit about what you think of Jefferson.

2. While Welter was there playing MLB, reading defenses, and making calls he also was the second-leading tackler on the team. You keep imagining that this incontrovertible stat is insignificant, but it ain't. He is doing his job.

3. You complain he should be stopping people at or behind the line. This ignores that he also has pass responsibilities and must guard against the inside fake. Watch any good linebacker and you will soon note that he doesn't make every stop at or behind the line. His job is to make the stop. Sometimes that is way outside on a sweep or three yards downfield. It happens a lot to the best linebackers. You know, Welter had more sacks than Barrow or Alexander. Who is this linebacker that was better? How many sacks did he have? Or must we ignore this other stat because it is also "insignificant"?

4. I'm not saying that Welter is the best or worst linebacker. All I am saying is that he was the best we had and he did a good job on a top defense under a top DC. Was he as good as predecessor? No. Neither were a dozen other guys last year. Can Les find a better linebacker this year. Sure, anything can happen. I'm saying that Welter was not as bad as you paint him. Got that?

If any of this sounds familiar it's because I've said it many times before. I'm not wasting any more of my time if your memory is that selective.

cajdav1 and ParadiseiNC like this.