2014 DT Gerald Willis Commits to Florida (Qualifying Issues due to ACT score)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jan 2, 2014.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Stock in what?

THat is a chip they will use.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I'm just saying if they couldn't pull him without that announcement (Freak to the NFL), and he picked a program that could be facing a head coach being fired after next year, there is a deeper problem with recruiting this kid to LSU. Maybe it's a family situation and he wants to be far away from home. Who knows.

DTs rarely see extensive playing time as a true freshman anyway. So again that won't be the "chip" that gets him here.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I could see the family role as you mentioned. You could see both Landon when he committed to Bama and Willis this time couldn't even look at mama in the eye.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Think about this, the mom doesn't like Nicholas. Landon chooses Alabama, the mom doesn't like Will Muschamp, Gerald chooses Florida. In cases like this with kids, who have a mom who seems to want to take some of the spotlight herself, why wouldn't these kids want to bounce. It's not like they are living some lavish home life anyway. Probably half of their friends from Karr will either be in jail or dead in the next 4 years. Maybe it's a good thing for them to get away from all of that.

Maybe I'm just reaching I don't know, we probably never will, but I do know it sucks when in state talent choose enemies.

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

The previous several comments make sense regarding a possible family issue. Seems like they want to get away from mom.

6. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

I thought this immediately, even before the previous comments. There seems to be something seriously wrong there.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

This is the one I really do not get. I understand speedy to a&m good fit for him. Tony brown to bama openings at the cb spots. But Willis to Florida??? Really don't understand that one .....really bad situation in Florida right now and that's where he chooses to go???

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

His mother is cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

he was clearly uncomfortable with the decision, listening to his brother at Bama, I dont get that at all. But yes you are right

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member