2014 NFL DRAFT

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, May 5, 2014.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Give em a break, prob the weed.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I don't know much about the WR that the Saints picked but sounds like a good fit. In the few clips they showed, it looked like he had another gear. Drew's weapons have changed but should still be as good and diverse as ever.

There were rumors that the Texans were going to trade with the Pats for Mallet. I've heard Mallet is the kind of guy that is obsessed with working out and studying film. After spending a couple of years studying under Brady/Belichek plus having an arm to make any NFL throw, I think Mallet would be a better decision than taking any of the QBs in this year's draft.

I was happy to see Beckham go to a good situation and seemingly have all of the talking heads and fans say that it was a good pick by the Giants.

Possibly because we owned Foosball, but I don't hate the guy. I won't be rooting for him but Cleveland is trending upwards so I wouldn't be shocked if he does well. I think he was picked about where most thought. He didn't deserve to be top 5-10 because of questions about how his game would translate, if he can stay healthy for a 16 game schedule given how he plays, and then the off-field stuff that is overblown but still somewhat of a concern.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't hate Manziel. For all that he is, or isn't, what he is for sure is a media and fandom enigma. Good thing for him is in that division he doesn't line up against very many if any LSU Tigers.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

So when is Landry supposed to go? 2nd round?

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I'm not sure but would think that teams may be mixed with their grades on him. Some may look at his lack of elite size/speed and not view him as 2nd round material while others would see that the film says he's a football player that gets it done on the field.

6. Cajun Sensation

Dude is a straight up footballer. Someone is gonna get a good one.

I once heard someone compare him to Hines Ward. I think that is a great compliment, but I think that Landry may end up having better hands than Hines. Their grit and toughness almost mirror each other.

7. LaSalleAve

@Winston1 compared him to Anquan Bolden which is dead on in my opinion. When he does get drafted, 31 NFL teams collectively become Landry's bitch.

furduknfish and Winston1 like this.
  8. Cajun Sensation

That's pretty accurate.

9. LaSalleAve

Saints will have an opportunity to take him but surely they won't take 2 WR's with their first 2 picks.

10. LaSalleAve

Yeah I figured they would go corner next, can't really blame em being they took Cooks round 1. Never heard of this corner though.