2014 OT Cameron Robinson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jul 17, 2013.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Honestly I think Di Nardo is the coach to credit with really focusing on keeping the in state kids at LSU. Di Nardo did a great job of building that fence around La. Saban then secured the walls and enhanced the fortification. Miles came in took what Saban built up to another level. Unfortunately with his ties and winning Saban has established a nice foothole in the state.

shane0911 and stevescookin like this.
  2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Not just that, but it's impossible for LSU to get them all because they can only sign 25 max a year. Some good ones are going to get away. I hate that it's a 5-star guy, but Miles' group has this uncanny ability of turning a 2-star unknown recruit into an NFL player in short order.

Also, I have to disagree that Saban stopped it. He built the fence, but DiNardo started digging the holes and dropping the posts.

3. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

as much as i hate to agree with you about saban, i have too. the players he's starting to get are no longer the good players we've decided we don't want anyway. on the bright side, we keep playing the way we played the first 2 games in all phases (special teams looked a lot better last night than against tcu) and we won't have anything to worry about.

1BIGTIGER likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Whatever he paid Kevin Faulk was well worth it!

GregLSU likes this.
  5. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

Looks like Jerald Hawkins (3 star) is heading that direction. That's why I don't worry. I don't like it, but I don't worry.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

I agree we keep putting up W's and playing like LSU has so far and we will be just fine. What we have here is special and there is plenty of talent lining up to get on the TIGER train. We gonna be just fine!!!! 5 stars or 3 stars who really cares. LSU is putting young men in the NFL in numbers and they are doing well. Recruits are taking notice. Great time to be a TIGER!!

TigerTap likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Hawk was the lowest rated OL in that class coming out of high school. Look at Hurst, Williford, Porter, Turner, etc. OL are hard to project out of high school. Some top out their Sr year, some advance in college.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

It seem that the top tier blue chippers we have missed on have not panned out in college. Joe McKnight, Greg Robinson, Trovon Reed, Landon Collins, Kenny Bell, none of those guys were the day 1 impact players they were projected to be. Loosing Cam to Alabama sucks, but it isn't the end of the world. We have an O line loaded with young talent.

mctiger and ParadiseiNC like this.
  9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Little early on Landon Collins to predict a bust. He is only a Soph in a stacked Bama backfield.
    I suspect next year and his Sr. year he will be a starter.

stevescookin likes this.
  10. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

Looking good for LSU, that Cam will change his commitment to LSU, after the Fluker debacle, and watching little Nicky throw multiple temper tantrums.