Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

2014 OT Cameron Robinson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jul 17, 2013.

1. mctiger

mctiger Kenny HIlliard, Beast

The irony of that championship being vacated, after Saban blew so many people to make sure they got their mulligan, is too cruel to consider. Not cruel to 'Bama, but to LSU.
  2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

So true, go look at I believe the 2003 or 2004 signing class which was loaded with future star olinemen that didn't pan out. When these giants are playing against guys who are half their size it is hard to grade them.

As for Cam though if he were to change his mind that would be great. I doubt it will happen but I couldn't care less that he pick that other team first.
  3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

Will Cam Robinson follow Hootie's lead and decommit from Bama, too? Not likely. But if he did, that would be INSANELY awesome.

I know that to fans, Leonard Fournette is the sexy #1, but I'm pretty sure that landing Cam Robinson is a bigger deal than Leonard Fournette.

Landing both, along with all of the others that looks like we may get (along with Cam Cameron and John Chavis coaching them up), would mean a power shift in the SEC West IMO.
    tigerchick46 likes this.
  4. islstl

islstl Occupy the BCS

No, not happening. That kid is so Bama it's sickening.
  5. TigersTailgating

TigersTailgating Waterford Lesticles

Some so-called insiders claim he is considering it... doesn't matter, either he stays at Bama and becomes LSUs bitch, or he decommits and comes here and wins.

With the class we have coming in, and the number of players leaving early or graduating, Bama may not be in the top 15 at the end of next season... while our you gsters have gotten battle tested all season and look to be much improved coming in to '14.
  6. islstl

islstl Occupy the BCS

Robinson was about the biggest loss we could have had. The strength of Bama is their O-line mauling you and wearing you down. The LSU O-line has been a world of inconsistency for several years now, ever since Miles arrived actually. Our last great O-line was probably the 2003 championship team (Whitworth, Peterman, Livings, Niswanger).

And we're not just talking about a "good" player. This kid is special.
    cajdav1 likes this.
  7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Bama ain't going nowhere, their class will be right there next to ours even if we sign all of these great players. Just saying.......
    Mis'sippi Tigah and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

We've had talent on the O line but no one to coach them up.
    Cajun Sensation likes this.
  9. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Senior Member

I agree with you that the OL has been very inconsistent and probably underperformed most years under Miles. However the '11 OL was probably our best OL. Everyone knew LSU was going to run the ball, yet they still mauled the D. Imposing their will on everyone except Bama. Who had an all time great D.

I also agree that out of all the instate players, including Fournette. Robinson is the kid Id want to least lose. You win games in the trenches.
    Winston1 likes this.
  10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos I'm self-smart

Yeah, I don't agree that we haven't had some good OLs in the past 8 years. The '06 line was pretty damn good. The '07 line would have been just as good had Carnell frickin' Stewart not jumped offsides every other play. But they were still pretty solid with Black & Johnson. And like you said, the '11 line was just beastly. I remember when Chris Faulk went out with an injury, Greg Shaw filled-in for him and there was literally no dropoff whatsoever at LT.
    LSUDad likes this.