2014 OT Cameron Robinson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jul 17, 2013.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Some so-called insiders claim he is considering it... doesn't matter, either he stays at Bama and becomes LSUs bitch, or he decommits and comes here and wins.

With the class we have coming in, and the number of players leaving early or graduating, Bama may not be in the top 15 at the end of next season... while our you gsters have gotten battle tested all season and look to be much improved coming in to '14.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Robinson was about the biggest loss we could have had. The strength of Bama is their O-line mauling you and wearing you down. The LSU O-line has been a world of inconsistency for several years now, ever since Miles arrived actually. Our last great O-line was probably the 2003 championship team (Whitworth, Peterman, Livings, Niswanger).

And we're not just talking about a "good" player. This kid is special.

cajdav1 likes this.
  3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Bama ain't going nowhere, their class will be right there next to ours even if we sign all of these great players. Just saying.......

Mis'sippi Tigah and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

We've had talent on the O line but no one to coach them up.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I agree with you that the OL has been very inconsistent and probably underperformed most years under Miles. However the '11 OL was probably our best OL. Everyone knew LSU was going to run the ball, yet they still mauled the D. Imposing their will on everyone except Bama. Who had an all time great D.

I also agree that out of all the instate players, including Fournette. Robinson is the kid Id want to least lose. You win games in the trenches.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah, I don't agree that we haven't had some good OLs in the past 8 years. The '06 line was pretty damn good. The '07 line would have been just as good had Carnell frickin' Stewart not jumped offsides every other play. But they were still pretty solid with Black & Johnson. And like you said, the '11 line was just beastly. I remember when Chris Faulk went out with an injury, Greg Shaw filled-in for him and there was literally no dropoff whatsoever at LT.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

@bhelmLSU lot of rumblings going on about someone in the Monroe are not qualifying for Bama and rumblings about Robinson.
    Care to clarify anything.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Eddie Lacy would have need 12 more years of school to qualify, but somehow he did. I don't think they worry about this.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

difference is they wanted Lacy, they used Sims to get C. Rob in this matter, knowing Sims wouldnt qualify.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

someone told me it was Cameron Simms the reciever.....thats why hootie is backing out.