2014 OT Cameron Robinson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Is Cameron Sims really a "2nd-tier player"? Looks to me like he's a 6'3" 200 lb 4* WR with quite the offer list.

2. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

He's got first tier potential but he's not there yet. Last year he may have been a 5-star as a WR, but this year, nah. He needs to spend a lot of time on the Jugs machine. Not having truly elite pass catching skills is probably what's keeping him from that 5th star. But he is a legit prospect. Interestingly enough, my contact who's a friggin WR coach doesn't even talk about him when he talks about the best receivers in the state. It's always about Noil, Quinn, and Dupre. Sims is usually an afterthought. Like I mention his name and he's like, oh yeah, him too, with this uncertain look in his eyes. He's not blazing fast or particularly shifty either, but still a very good prospect. I mean he doesn't have stone hands so he's certainly coachable. He can jump out of the gym. If he works hard at catching and route running, he should be good to go. It's up to him. He fits well with what Bama likes to do with their #2 receivers though, like Kevin Norwood. Norwood is pretty dang good, but Amari Cooper is elite.

Oh yeah, re: Robinson. One can only hope, but ehh....

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I can't call a 4* with an offer list like that 2nd-tier.

I'm not arguing with those of you who do, I'm just saying....

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I tend to agree. he would have been a take if Louisiana wasn't loaded this year with WR. However, once we lost Dhaquille and Saeed, I thought we'd have thrown him an offer.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

he wouldnt camp, so we didnt offer him. He is a project, he has all the tools but a project.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Already have 3 WRs on board and looking very good for Dupre and Noil. He did camp at LSU last year and it didn't go well. I am sure LSU will keep evaluating but he would still be on the outside looking in with the talent on board and in the state.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

yeah I was counting DJ as a db as that seems to be the way it may go down. I understand the numbers would still be tight at that position.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

CROB is a great player, but he wont make or break us. Thats with any recruit.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If I were Robinson and planned on going to Bama, I damn sure wouldn't announce it at the start of the season and have to deal with months of Louisiana fans condemning it and pressuring him to change his mind. He'd be smarter to pull a McKnight and announce on signing day. But if he plans to sign with LSU, announcing it now would actually take a lot of pressure off him for his senior year.

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  10. LSUMASTERMIND

imagine being him in Monroe this season on Friday nights.
    it wont be easy.

asignupe99 likes this.