2014 OT Cameron Robinson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jul 17, 2013.

1. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Thinking the SAME thing. It's amazing that NOONE in the area cares that Sims is going to Bama. Robinson would be approaching meltdown status. Kind of makes you wonder if it'll be LSU just to take the pressure off himself.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

did you go to Klave?

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

That is the only factor that makes me feel something unexpected could go down like no announcement at all or picking LSU. I feel it will be Bama but doesn't really matter because this will be a hot topic all the way until NSD no matter what happens this weekend.

4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I've been impressed with Robinson's demeanor throughout recruiting. Whittling it down to two, streamlined the whole process from the get go and probably saved a lot of chaos and stress there. He doesn't put me in mind of someone who can't take the heat and he seems to dictate the pace.

As far as Cameron Sims recruitment, the kid has the measurables and is noted for putting a death grip on the ball when he gets around it. With so much at stake I did wonder about LSU's refusal to recruit him. In reality, Nkemdiche's big brother seemed like a greater risk then Sims. The fact that he's been picked all sec this year, who knew?

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

If Sims wasn't even being considered by LSU why did Cameron and Stud visit him in May?

As mentioned by bhelm, not having an offer because there are other receivers higher on the board makes perfect sense. Saying LSU wasn't considering him when two coaches have a visit with Sims makes no sense. To me, it looks like he was being slow played which, like bhelm's observations, makes perfect sense.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Given he is at West Monroe and Coach Shows is the coach (taking leave this year but still close to the program) I wouldn't be surprised if Cam was asked to go ahead and get it over with before the season so their team can focus on the season. He has requested this many times before.

7. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Nah. Stupid family reunion that same weekend, lol.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Slow played perhaps. It is certainly a numbers game at WR this year, there is so much talent on the table and someone had to come in 4th. It is clear that he wasn't being seriously considered when he didn't get a committable offer from LSU. If you overload talent at a position, the low guys end up transferring anyway.

But it's also the LSU coaches working the high school coaches, future recruits, and local fans. They are going to pay some respect to a number of Louisiana recruits that aren't going to be offered because it is good public relations.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

This sounds like you and I look at these situations a little differently. Personally, I don't think a coaching staff is going to send two different coaches to visit a kid unless they are serious about his recruitment. Otherwise, it's a waste of time. That's the reason I see this as a slow play.

By no means is that a bad thing. If a school has four kids higher on their board than another they are going to have to continue recruiting that player just in case one of those four fall through. A lot of the time that results in that player committing elsewhere and the staff ends up trying to "catch up."

Is there a sleeper coming out of Ouachita Parish I haven't heard of for the 2015 class?

In the end these kind of conversations contain an element I get tired of hearing—especially from those in our fan base. It's ludicrous for a fan to see a kid leave the state, especially a kid that has talent, and their mantra is "we didn't want him anyway." Having other players at the same position the staff sees as better prospects is one thing. Putting forth the notion a talented kid leaving the state is only because he's not wanted by the in-state school? It leaves me with the same question each and every time.

Then why is he being recruited?

10. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

The kids at the very top of your board are the kids you give offers to early. Sims didn't get an offer, so he wasn't 1st Tier on our board. Why visit the kids you have as 2nd Tier and lower on your board? For one, a visit is part of the evaluation process when deciding where you grade this player (just like any interview). And, even if you have a kid 2nd Tier or lower on your board regardless of an interview, you still want to visit him because if you don't get all the 1st Tier kids you want (i.e. they decide to commit elsewhere), then you have better built a relationship with the 2nd Tier kids so you have a plan B. Plus, if you want to maintain good relationship with area coaches at pipeline schools like Ouachita, you better at least visit their high-Div 1 prospect players