2014 OT Cameron Robinson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jul 17, 2013.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Which is what I said TF.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

"Catch up" if they actually offer him, but if they have four WR's already committed and two others rated higher in-state still on the line . . . at some point you let the low man go and not string him along. I think you place too much emphasis on a couple of visits. These coaches visit many players that aren't going to be offered in the end. So do Bama coaches.

There is always talent coming out of Ouachita Parish and it has been a pipeline to LSU, which is a major reason that they don't want to piss of the high school coaches by showing no interest at all in a 4-star recruit. But serious interest comes with an offer and whole lot more contact than that. You know this as well as I do.

Get real, Terry. Schools start out recruiting hundreds of kids. Eventually they have to winnow it down to 25 scholarships. LSU filled up with WR prospects fast and still has two absolute studs on the line and there just wasn't room for another. Fortunately for him Bama has some room at WR, apparently. Look, Louisiana is a hotbed of high school football talent with only one BCS school in the state. LSU leaves a few 4-star players behind every year, especially now that Les is taking about half his classes from out-of-state blue-chippers. Florida, Texas A&M, FSU, Nebraska and Notre Dame have been feasting on these highly talented players for decades. Bama is kind of late to the game, but Nick knew what was available here and is casting a lot of lines recently.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

He's announcing next Wednesday. ESPNU

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Thanks, Fish...I was refreshing to find out his decision.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

This is what I mean with how we're looking at it this differently. You definition of serious interest is contingent on an committable offer.

This whole conversation started with isistl (?) saying LSU never even considered him. That's not true.

When I see a coaching staff talking to a kid pre-summer camp of their last year there's interest. Two coaches, including the OC, serious interest.

It's because of those numbers I say serious interest. Our numbers are different.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

LSU did NOT heavily recruit Cameron Sims. We had our target number of players at the position and felt comfortable where we stood with certain high profile prospects. Cameron Sims sat OUTSIDE that number.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  7. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

this is the same thing his friend Sims' did, except Sims announced on ESPNU on Saturday (4 days ago)

8. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

bhelm, you've been THE leader here since i can remember, but omg i hope you are so wrong here. not that it would ruin my day...it may ruin my minute. of the 2, i'd still rather LF, but it would be nice to see LF running behind CROB.
    but, based on 24/7sports reports, CROB has visited bama 4 times and LSU twice since april 6. that, with the sims pledge, tells me bama is in the drivers seat here.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  9. dudley

dudley oops!

rockwallfan I think you're right, but I don't think it's all cut and dried at this point. CR is apparently being pushed and pulled from diffferent directions and I wouldn't even be surprised if he put off his announcement a while longer. Even if he does commit to Alabama a good offensive showing by LSU this season might sway him back. Assuming he goes to bama here's how the LSU offensive tackle line up might go.

This season: LT - La'el Collins, RT - Jerald Hawkins. I think most who follow LSU closely agree that this is a pretty good duo. I'm really anxious to see them perform. Especially Hawkins.

Collins has said he expects to be at LSU two more years. Maybe he means it, but if he blows up this year he might go.
    Anyway, whatever, the next rotation (as I see it) would go like this: LT - Jerald Hawkins, RT - Ethan Pocic. Two stars in the making imo.

After that: LT - Pocic, RT - Probably looking too far out..., maybe Edinburgh?

What I'm saying is LSU has 'em lined up for 2-3 years at least. CR, as talented as he is, might be sitting and watching a couple of years at LSU. He might see that.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

By this loose definition, LSU has serious interest in hundreds of prospects every year. Ishtissle may be wrong about LSU having zero interest, but I maintain that prospects in which LSU has a serious interest . . . get scholarship offers.