2014 OT Cameron Robinson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jul 17, 2013.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I want the guy at LSU but if he goes to Bama today, good luck to him.

2. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

i like a lot of what you say, especially about hawkins because we're from the same town, but if the number 1, 2 or 3 recruit coming out of high school sits for 2-3 years he is simply overrated. there will be a place found to put him if he's that good. championships are won in the trenches, and if he's as good as advertised i want him and it would hurt, at least some, to lose him.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It's actually been moved to next Wednesday.

4. dudley

dudley oops!

He's not overrated. He is very very good! If Collins returns and Hawkins is as as good as I (and others) think he is, Cr won't start as a freshman. That's my opinion. OK, next year. Hawkins, with two years starting experience over CR sitting, would be my pick to move the LT. Would CR beat Pocic out for that RT spot? Maybe, maybe not. Pocic ain't chopped liver. Like I said, He MIGHT have to sit awhile.

All this is, of course, my conjecture.

However it goes with LSU, I think it's all but certain CR is going to commit to Alabama on Wednesday. Not just my opinion. Whether he winds up there is another story.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Does this come as a surprise to you bhelm?

Kipp Adams ‏@KippLAdams 7m
    5-star WR Speedy Noil http://bit.ly/14j02Ts RT @SpeedyNoil: Top 3 #A&M #Florida #USC

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I assume that is either an error or Noil downplaying LSU before official visits. He is on campus all the time with the LSU football and track staff and LSU is sitting pretty. Only competition I see is A&m but don't see him leaning that way.

His cousin Frank Wilson knows what's up.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    TerryP and MLUTiger like this.
  7. dudley

dudley oops!

8. sat062183

sat062183 Freshman

Louisiana over the past couple of years has become East Alabama giving them the best players east Alabama has to offer. But hey we can get players from IL,OH,FL so who cares if you can get any of the top players in your on state.

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Louisiana players on Bama's current roster:
    1. Kenny Bell
    2. Landon Collins*
    3. Denzell Deval
    4. Raheem Falkans
    5. Cody Mandell
    6. Bradley Sylve*
    7. Tim Williams*

First of all, Louisiana is west of Alabama. I see three players on Bama's roster that had LSU offers and IIRC, two of them had offers pulled for more promising recruits. Kenny Bell? LSU cooled on him and Benton in favor of Reuben Randle who is now in the NFL while Bell languishes deep in the Bama passing game. LSU signed Jarvis Landry, Odell Beckham Jr and Alnzo Lewis instead at WR; Sylve now plays CB at Bama. It hurt to lose Landon, but he's been at Bama two years and has yet to crack he starting lineup? Tim williams was a guy who is on record as saying he wanted to play out of state form the beginning, so what can you do to a kid with his mind made up like that?

Who are these "best players" that you speak of? You're going to lose a couple every now and then, but LSU pulls 99.9% of the recruits that they want. Once every 7 years you lose a Janzen Jackson or Landon Collins and LSU seems to move on with some lightly regarded 3-star that hey develop into an NFL draft pick. It's a tough break I guess to keep cranking out all of these NFL DBs while Bama racks up the Star Rankings.

Alabama players on LSU's roster:
    1. Kwon Alexander
    2. Josh Williford
    3. Logan Stokes
    Kwon started at LBer yesterday and was a contributer last season before he was hurt. Williford was starting last season and concussions have ended his career. Stokes is in his first year at LSU. We will see how he does as the season progresses. Granted, LSU doesn't have the numbers but I will take the performance of those three over the performance of any three Louisiana players on LSU's roster.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    titoabad1 and shane0911 like this.
  10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

And Stephen Rivers.