2014 OT Ethan Frith

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 5, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

With two slots free, Les might take an opportunity to add some diversity to this class with a scholarship athlete. Every department on campus has to demonstrate that they are trying to recruit a diverse student body. Les' scholarship athletes are 90% black and his walk-ons are 90% white. It's kind of phony diversity.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Red, you add a lot to this board. You're one of my favorite posters and I'm glad you're back. However that post makes no sense. Are you suggesting that Miles may offer an Asian or Latino kid just to fake diversity? It's not like Miles doesn't offer kids because of race, you just recruit what's available.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm not suggesting anything sinister, just making a comment about scholarship athletes versus walk-ons athletes. And the fact that LSU departments with single-race enrollments are encouraged to seek out other-race students whether they are "available" or not. I wonder if the Athletic department is under the same requirements sometimes. I can see Les holding those two scholarships for deserving walk-ons that would also help his team be a bit more diverse.

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

How bout a nice Indian kid?
    image.jpg