2014 RB Leonard Fournette Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tigerchick46, May 25, 2012.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ya think the 14 means what I think it means?

LSUDad likes this.
  2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Yup. Years old.

cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

One shouldn't assume a thing about a subject they don't know about Izzy...tends to come back and bite them in the ass.

The criteria of the scholarship is not athletic related. It's for kids whose parents played for Coach Bryant.

Two points to note here. When I was in school I had some classes with Danny Ford's daughter. Danny was coaching at Arkansas at the time, she was attending Alabama on the Bryant Scholarship.

Secondly, it's institutional aid. By that I mean it can be used at Alabama, but not at another school. Conner Neighbor's qualified for the scholarship but isn't able to use it at LSU.

The Bryant Scholarship, qualifies as Institutional Financial Aid under bylaw 15.02.1. NCAA Bylaw 15.02.1 defines "financial aid that is administered by an institution, if the institution, through its regular committee or other agency for the awarding of financial aid to students generally, makes the final determination of the student-athlete who is to receive the award and of its value."

A player can not be on football scholarship and the Bryant Scholarship at the same time.

In a nutshell, it works no differently than a walk-on. If it's a recruited walk-on, as soon as he plays it counts against the 85. If he's simply a walk-on, it doesn't count on the 25 or 85. The decision on whether the athlete is preferred (recruited) or a non-preferred athlete is judged by the NCAA.

There are 100's of kids that have attended college through the endowment Bryant set up for his players children. It is wild when you think about Bryant contributing to kids education more than three decades after his passing.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

How big is the monthly stipend for the Bear Bryant schollies ??? :eek:

shane0911 and furduknfish like this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

You just had to go there didn't you.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Harrison has all the tools to be a very good one......has a really strong arm, but does need lots of work to become polished....that's where Cam comes in, his footwork is the biggest issue, but I think Cam will benefit him.

Oh...and by the way.....I will stop having these kids.....as an official...just for you, but you may want to get someone to look into your thought process.....only you would take it to that level!!

LSUDad likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Harris has one thing, a strong arm. He was throwing the ball all over the field with little to no effort. Got a quick and smooth release. I know it's early but I like what I see in this kid.

8. islstl

Why the hell are we referring to our QB as Harrison?

furduknfish likes this.
  9. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

To confuse the competition.:cool:

10. islstl

I was confused watching that bowl game yesterday.

bayareatiger likes this.