2014 RB Leonard Fournette Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tigerchick46, May 25, 2012.

1. BSJDLSUGRADUATE

BSJDLSUGRADUATE Veteran Member

Recently, the J.T. Curtis v. St. Aug game was on TV. I watched some of it just to see Leonard Fournette play. Although Fournette's performance was impressive and even though this was only one game, I think the jury is out on whether he will be a dominant college RB. If you ever get to see ESPN's "30 for 30" episode about Marcus Dupre, you should watch it. The videos of his HS games are unbelievable. Dupre was truly a man among boys and was probably a better HS prospect than Fournette, although Fournette deserves all of the accolades that he has received and LSU would be fortunate to sign him.

2. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Your right...we should just pass on him. The difference between him and marcus Dupre is that Fournette can beat you in many different ways, dupre was just a power running back, fournette can ron over around or through you, can catch really well out of the backfield, can block, great balance, I compare fournette more to reggie bush than anyone else, except fournette has better size and runs with more power.

3. BSJDLSUGRADUATE

I said LSU would be fortunate to recruit him. Did you miss that part?

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We were all reading the part where you put down the most important LSU recruit by trying to compare him to someone totally irrelevant. Why would you do that?

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Fournette is a fuckin truck, when he shows up in P&G chits gonna hit the fan. The SEC thought T.Richardson, M.Lattimore, T.Gurley was good... y'all haven't seen nothin yet.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Compare Fournette's film to Jeremy Hill's film and then tell me he's not going to be a dominant college runningback...

7. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I've gotten to see him first hand on the field, I am an official for High School football, I had him against St. Thomas Moore Last year. He is the best looking RB I have personally ever seen, while I have not been doing it very long, other guys from out orginization who have been doing it for over 30 years say the same thing. He looks so effortlessly when he is running, has all the tools, can run over, around, and through people.....great hands out of the backfield, does well at picking up blitzes....total package.

Tiger in NC, cajdav1 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. BSJDLSUGRADUATE

He's ranked 1st on ESPN's 300, and he has many, many scholarship offers. Don't be surprised if you're disappointed by the choice he makes. Do you understand?

9. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I really only meant Bhelm aka the cool hand Luke of information.....do YOU understand?

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

LSU still looking very good for Fournette, chick...Haven't heard anything to be worried about at this time.