2014 State of the Union Address

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jan 28, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That's a state law, Gilligan. Surely you realize that Obama runs the nation, not the state of Connecticut! Not one mention of Obama or "Obama people" in it. You made it up. Read Obama's gun plan . . . no registration.

2. lsufan52

lsufan52 Lsu baseball fan from old box to new

Dang red's back with a fury.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Give'em hell Red.

4. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Ok, consider this: I invite you to .....lets say go fishing tomorrow or play tennis, you don't own fishing gear or a tennis racket, blah blah you can run down and buy what you need and be ready in an hour, it's America.

I invite you on friday to go duck hunting on saturday, you have a gun but maybe haven't used it in awhile and upon inspection you decide you need a new one and you are excited about the invitation I threw your way and you want a new gun, whatever the reason......you go down to buy one, you are a law abiding citizen, never committed a crime and you are denied your purchase that day and told by your government that you have to wait. That doesn't piss you off just a little bit? Doesn't make you feel like an inch of freedom has been lost? It chaps my ass chossigo.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Hey pumpkin, you still believing that lying bastard?

Like he put all his "plan" out in the open with the AFC? We saw clearly how much he puts his "plan" in print. "if you like your doctor...." Gimme a break. His stance was very clear. You can't be that dense.

And yes, it is a state law. One that was aided by Obama exploited the parents of the murdered kids to help prey on the people of that state's emotions so they'd allow it. Do you not remember all that? He's a real piece. He was pissed that he couldn't get more people to bite on a Nationwide basis...that's the loss I mentioned as ONE example. How can you keep missing that.

6. red55

It doesn't piss me off a bit. We have no constitutional right to not be inconvenienced. A democratic government is all about tradeoffs. I honestly have no problem with a trivial personal delay in obtaining a weapon if it helps keeps guns in the hand of law-abiding citizens and out of the hands of kids, kooks, and felons. It would be very selfish of me to put a trivial personal concern over the best interests of the United states of America. Shootings are out of control in the country, we MUST take all reasonable measures to protect ourselves and more effective background checks seem quite reasonable and pragmatic to me.

And if done right the background checks need not be days but hours. With todays computer power and databases it is entirely possible to better identify a buyer and go through several levels of vetting without undue delay.

7. red55

You are the one lying here. I don't believe you.

Another lie. Have you no shame?

Dude, Obama had nothing to do with the Connecticut registration law. They had a shooting up with 6-year-olds butchered by assault weapons. Forget that? so they enacted a law to register assault weapons. Not hunting rifles or handguns. Just military assault weapons. There has been an anti-gun movement in this country for 100 years. You can't just label every local attempt to control their own violence as an Obama plan by Obama people. It's very foolish.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Consumer Price Index is up year over year from 2006-2013. Misery Index under Obama is up 2.17%. Inflation has gone from .1 when Obama took office to 1.5%. Jobless claims are up 19K in the period ending January 25th. January was the worst stock loss in 4 years. Economic growth from 2012 to 2013 is down .9. The situation in Europe and China have helped the trade gap, nothing that Obama has done. Since the recession, the number of people not in the labor force has gone from 12.6M to 91.8M. So excuse me if the 6.7 number doesn't resonate with me. Frankly, the Fed doesn't believe it either. The Real unemployment number is higher and that's why the feds won't raise rates until next year.

OEF/GWOT...Afghanistan, Phillipines, Horn of Africa, Caribbean and Central American, Kyrgzstan. "
    between January 20, 2009, and the end of last month 1,595 U.S. soldiers lost their lives in the Afghanistan conflict. The total number of military deaths so far is 2,153.

That means that about 74 percent of all U.S. military deaths in Afghanistan have taken place under Obama’s watch. During the eight years of the previous administration there were only 558 fatalities, or about 26 percent of the deaths that have taken place from October 7, 2001, the start of the war, to November 30, 2013."

Al Qaeda in Israel...http://www.thetower.org/growth-al-qaeda-west-bank-seen-reinforcing-israeli-security-concerns/
    "Far from being on the brink of collapse, al-Qaida's core leadership remains a potent threat — and one that experts say has encouraged the terror network's spread into more countries today than it was operating in immediately after 9/11.....Nineteen U.S. diplomatic outposts stretching across the Eastern Hemisphere remain closed, and nonessential personnel have been evacuated from the U.S. Embassy in Yemen after intelligence officials said they had intercepted a recent message from al-Qaida's top leader about plans for a major terror attack......
    Now, major al-Qaida hubs are thriving along the Iraqi-Syrian border, in North Africa and, in the most serious risk to the U.S., in Yemen.

The regional hubs may not take direct orders from al-Zawahri, and terror experts say they rarely coordinate operations with each other or share funding and fighters. But they have promoted al-Qaida's mission far beyond what its reach was a dozen years ago and, in turn, created an enduring legacy for its core leaders."
    http://news.yahoo.com/al-qaida-grows-leaders-remain-global-threat-071600919.html

"The al-Nusra Front, the principle jihadi rebel group in Syria, defies the cliche of Islamist fighters around the Middle East plotting to establish Islamic caliphates from impoverished mountain hideaways. In north-eastern Syria, al-Nusra finds itself in command of massive silos of wheat, factories, oil and gas fields, fleets of looted government cars and a huge weapons arsenal."
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/10/syria-al-nusra-front-jihadi

I think getting bin laden was great. Obama took a risk. But his laying open of ST6 has resulted in disastrous consequences including the downing of the Chinook in Afghanistan in August, 2011 which resulted in the deaths of 30 service members, mostly special services.

Bhengazi...4 deaths, put to bed by the media. Watergate....massive media coverage, no deaths. This administration has had more bullshit swept under the carpet than Carter, Dubya, and Nixon combined...IMO.

9. LSUAthletics

LSUAthletics Founding Member

Where are you getting this info from? This Reuters news article that just came out yesterday completely contradicts what you are saying.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/29/us-syria-crisis-chemical-idUSBREA0S19720140129

"(Reuters) - Syria has given up less than 5 percent of its chemical weapons arsenal and will miss next week's deadline to send all toxic agents abroad for destruction, sources familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.

The deliveries, in two shipments this month to the northern Syrian port of Latakia, totaled 4.1 percent of the roughly 1,300 tonnes of toxic agents reported by Damascus to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), said the sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

"It's not enough and there is no sign of more," one source briefed on the situation said.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon suggested in a report to the Security Council this week that shipments had been unnecessarily delayed and urged the Syrian government to speed up the process.

All the indications are, and the secretary-general's report makes clear, that actually the regime has been sort of stalling on the implementation of the agreement," the diplomat said.

Another senior Western diplomat said the Syrian government is "teasing us" by dragging its heels but doing enough to avoid being declared in non-compliance with its obligation to destroy its chemical weapons program."

10. red55

Cherrypicking time frames won't work. The GDP is up, the market is up and unemployment is down over the entire course of the Obama Presidency.

Are you aware that the baby boomers are retiring in large numbers. Retirees are living longer. Not in the labor forces does not always mean out of work.

Yes, Bush took 7 years with it and still could not wrap up the war. But we will be out of all combat roles by the end of this year. All withdrawals have been on Obamas watch.

But no attacks against the USA. The Al Qaeda affiliates are largely local jihadists. Still, we have hit them in Pakistan, Libya, Somalia, Yemen

What are you talking about? How did he lay open Seal Team 6? They are not a black secret, amiga. They have been an openly-acknowledged anti-terror unit since their formation. Books have been written about them. Their involvement in special ops always leaks. The SEALS like it that way, apparently. I's like to hear specifically how you imagine that The President is responsible for a Chinook being downed in a war zone.

Well, you listed one incident where the administration made public statements that were wrong. But it damn sure hasn't been swept under the carpet. The media is all over it and investigations have been conducted. No charges have been filed.