2014 WR Frank Iheanacho

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jan 2, 2014.

1. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

Hope that helps seal the deal on Dupree

2. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I thought you were expecting him to announce A&M? Did he do something that made you think otherwise?

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Just another A&M receiver LSU gets to shut down.

Oh Ryan Swope and Mike Evans I didn't see you guys standing there my bad....

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

No, I just think we should concentrate on Dupre and let that be it at WR.

We're not lacking at WR these last 2 recruiting cycles.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Im excited about Jacory Washington, between he and Smith, Dural, Spears, Diasre, Leslie, Peterson, Quinn, Chark and Upchurch, I'm sure the qb's will have someone to throw to.

islstl, Winston1 and LSUDad like this.
  6. islstl

and Dupre (wink)

LSUDad likes this.
  7. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

But, I thought you can't have too many?

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

James Smith from T-P says the following about Nacho, and other WR prospects:

WIDE RECEIVER

Noil has been a key target for the Tigers for some time. Despite Noil's commitment to Texas A&M, LSU likely will try to make one last-ditch effort to sway the 5-10, 180-pound dynamo. But the Tigers have other options.

Frank Iheanacho (6-7, 210) of Westside High in Houston committed to Texas A&M during the Army All-American Bowl on Saturday. But immediately after the announcement, I received a call from a close source who said Iheanacho's pledge is nowhere close to a done deal for the Aggies. In fact, had the Tigers had a little more time, Iheanacho would've declared for LSU on Saturday.

Look for Iheanacho's decommitment down the road, with a nod to LSU highly likely. The announcement he made Saturday was to appease the U.S. Army All-American Bowl folks and honor his word that he would declare during the game. His mind is far from made up, sources said. LSU is fully aware of the situation and won't stop recruiting Iheanacho.

Other receivers are being discussed as well at LSU.

Louisville commitment George Rushing of Hallandale (Fla.) High School is someone to keep an eye on. The 6-2, 190-pound prospect is Battle's best friend, and the Tigers really like his game. Don't expect anything to move too quickly on this front, but it's more than LSU just giving him a look. Rushing led South Florida in touchdown receptions this year with 18 and is a great looking prospect. Reports of Charlie Strong's imminent departure from Louisville also might have Rushing looking elsewhere.

Another wide receiver that has LSU's attention is Melvin Holland Jr. of Ashburn, Va. The 6-3, 195-pound standout just finished his first year at the position and was phenomenal. He has all the tools to be a special player and is one of the best sleepers in the country, with Minnesota being his best offer at this point. I have seen a lot of film on this kid and he has major talent.

9. islstl

You can't have too many cornerbacks is what I said. Thus the Brown loss was big unless we can pick up Adoree Jackson.